Pains near breastbone

pinkymum

Reaction score
Hey girls,

I've been quite sore for the last 3 nights right at the top of my bump beside my breastbone - right in the middle of my ribs. Anyone else getting this? Is it baby's legs? I don't feel kicking or movement. Its so uncomfortable. Usually gets worse at night. Was wondering if it could be indigestion? The acid reflux is getting really bad now, haven't been able to eat dinner because I can't bear anymore acid. I have lots of oranges, mangos and cherries that I really want to eat but OUCH!

I'm feeling a bit fed up now and still 9 weeks to go :wall2: Sorry to be such a moan :(

I have had that too. Its like a sharp pain that lasts a few seconds then goes away. Dont know if it is indigestion though. I have been getting loads of that too x

prob baby legs but when u have contractions you feel them just under ribs and on bottom of belly and back

It's a constant pain with me. Thinking it could be indigestion. Although feels tight up there all the way round. I read there's a tablet that's licensed in pregnancy for indigestion, I'm thinking I might go and see my gp and ask especially now that its affecting my eating.

X

Could be indigestion or maybe part of baby is wedged up there or could be that your organs have been pushed up high so it's making it uncomfortable? I've been finding myself a bit short of breath lately which I know is normal as everything is squashed up. As for acid - I saw doc on Monday and she said def no oranges, tomatoes, citrus, fatty foods.....I've just had pizza tonight, boy am I going to regret that later!!! xx

I LOVE oranges! But I can't eat them at all just now. And that mango I have is calling me but owwwww lol.
X

I have the same, the midwife said it's because the baby's breech... Her head is right under my ribs. She often stays like that for a few days then moves to another position and it's gone. I am constantly drinking milk and gaviscon at the moment. X

i'd phone your midwife and see what she says. With all my hospital visits they keep saying do i have pain there... and i dont but they think i might have pre eclampsia! So phone and get some possessional advice :)

Sorry of i scared you but that one thing they told me to watch out for! xx

I was also going to mention the pre eclampsia thing. My midwife mentioned that epigastric pain can be a sign of it. I would ring ur MW in the morning and get some advice.
It probably is just baby seeing how far she can push ur organs up into ur throat! But, better to check :)

I was also going to mention the pre eclampsia thing. My midwife mentioned that epigastric pain can be a sign of it. I would ring ur MW in the morning and get some advice.
It probably is just baby seeing how far she can push ur organs up into ur throat! But, better to check :)

Yep I was wondering about the pre eclampsia too. I called midwife today because she's supposed to be arranging my next appointment. Hopefully she'll call me back tomorrow. If not I'm seeing my GP tomorrow as well.

x

how'd it go hun? any news??

Yeah I asked my gp yesterday. She thinks its either heartburn or baby pushing my diaphragm up. It's usually sore at night after food so I'm thinking heartburn. X

how'd it go hun? any news??

Yeah I asked my gp yesterday. She thinks its either heartburn or baby pushing my diaphragm up. It's usually sore at night after food so I'm thinking heartburn. X

aww well thats better news than possible pre eclampsia! Get some gaviscon down you! sorted out my spell of heartburn within like 20mins! :D

Pinkymum, on monday my doc put me on a pregnancy-safe tablet for heartburn acid and whatsit, which you take once, in the morning - I've not had heartburn all week, haven't thrown up all week! Feels great.

Can't think of the name of it off the top of my head but yer doc should know.

The rib/breastbone pain could be from baby having its feet jammed up there. Unless it's similar to what I have, which gets worse the longer I'm sat or stood upright.

Is it omoprazole? That's the wrong spelling lol. I didn't ask her about it and wish I had because I was on a tablet from the same group of tablets years ago that helped with heartburn. It was like a miracle drug lol. Got more gaviscon Setsde, Nomnomnom Hahaha. My gp was laughing at me and asking how I could even swallow the stuff!

i know it is disgusting! I bought the tablets thinking i could just swallow em and be done with it but you have to chew em and then it all gets stuck in ur teeth! Ergh! so glad i only had like odd days of heartburn! Most of the time it was more bearable to cope with the heartburn than the rancid taste!

Oh I can't have the tablets because they get stuck in your teeth, its horrible eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back