• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ovulation Question

lisey27

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I am trying to pinpoint my ovulation day. I am using the CBFM and got a peak yesterday and the day before. I had some digital ov tests left and got neg reading yesterday after two days of smiley faces.
My question is; would I have ovulated yesterday or today. i noticed that my cervical mucus had changed yesterday to a creamy colour and texture. Does it change that quickly?
Any help appreciated.
I am wondering this as OH doesnt feel well today (bless) so may not be able to BD so am hoping ov time has passed already. We BD late yesterday so am hoping that covers it xx

Last edited:
Hope your OH feels better soon, have no idea about ovulation tbh but you could always go cowgirl style and ride that crazy horse :lol: yeeeehaaaaaaawwwwwww!!!! xxxxxxxxxx

(yanno just in case and all that:))

Hope your OH feels better soon, have no idea about ovulation tbh but you could always go cowgirl style and ride that crazy horse :lol: yeeeehaaaaaaawwwwwww!!!! xxxxxxxxxx

(yanno just in case and all that:))

hahaha, you do make me laugh :dance:
Yes, I may try that one, lol! x

:dust:

Remember sperm can last upto 5-7 days (Iv heard) so should be ok as you done the baby dance yesterday, what days did you BD coming up to the last 2 peak days? :) :dance:

Last edited:
Every day except sunday :shock:
Its ok, today will be covered-OH says hes not that ill, lol xx

hehe no my OH is never that ill! I never know if you should bd everyday as some say every 2-3 days to build the little swimmers up but no longer than that as the sperm becomes less healthy and old (bless them)....but then again its hard to wait if you think you are around OV time!

Confusing but im sure (FX) we will all get there in the end :) x

Sunday.....Day of rest?!?! LOL x

hehe no my OH is never that ill! I never know if you should bd everyday as some say every 2-3 days to build the little swimmers up but no longer than that as the sperm becomes less healthy and old (bless them)....but then again its hard to wait if you think you are around OV time!

Confusing but im sure (FX) we will all get there in the end :) x

Sunday.....Day of rest?!?! LOL x

I know, its all too confusing. I have researched loads on the net and it seems to be every day (once a day) if there are no probs with sperm production etc. As we fell preggers fairly soon before, I am assuming the little fellas are ok so we have decided to BD every day. There are so many conflicting answers tho :roll:

Lol, yeah Sunday was our day of rest...it was mainly cos we were travelling for hours back our weekend away and then just didnt get round to it...thought we were allowed one day off :nap: xx
What approach have you taken? every day-every other day? etc xx

No im waiting to find out about my LP as a bit worried about it.

Me and my OH had a chat yesterday and you know what they are like....a lot more relaxed about it all! But what he said did make sense, he said we should just see when my period starts and then see what days the monitor next month shows for the peak days (hopefully not as late as day 19-20) then if L phase is still short next month then speak to doc or family planning ppl (whoever they are).

Funny we got the two peak days on same days! LOL

Everyday (apart from day of rest)......that egg will not be able to get away from them little swimmers (FX)! Lots of :sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm:: = :family::dance: x

Last edited:
No im waiting to find out about my LP as a bit worried about it.

Me and my OH had a chat yesterday and you know what they are like....a lot more relaxed about it all! But what he said did make sense, he said we should just see when my period starts and then see what days the monitor next month shows for the peak days (hopefully not as late as day 19-20) then if L phase is still short next month then speak to doc or family planning ppl (whoever they are).

Funny we got the two peak days on same days! LOL

Everyday......that egg will not be able to get away from them little swimmers (FX)! Lots of :sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm:: = family: :dance:xx

I know, my OH is so relaxed about it, "it will happen", "dont worry", "you worry too much" lol. But your OH sounds sensible, its a good plan.

I know, what are the chances really!! do you know if the peak days mean ov is about to happen, or that it is happening? The booklet doesnt seem to give that info.

I am hoping my little egg is gonna be fought for by millions of the little swimmers...my OH laughs cos after we do the deed I say "swim, swim little sperm"...I do it mainly cos it makes him chuckle (but I do mean it, lol) :lol: x

After we "do it" I still get a bit freaked out as this is the first month and im so used to being carful and not letting him near me without wearing a swimming hat :shock: LOL and also trying to get pregnant is prob the most scariest thing iv ever done, I mean its not just getting pregnant is it....its keeping him/her safe while they are inside you and devoting your life to them...very scary, they are so precious children!

The first peak day is when it detects the surge in LH. This is what it says on the "just mommies" website i sent you-

The LH surge caused your egg to burst through the follicle in your ovary and it will begin to travel through your fallopian tube towards your uterus.

And according to the manual you OV 24-36 hours after your body starts the LH surge. Think thats why the monitor shows 2 days of peak as you can not be 100% sure when the egg has burst through.

Sorry if I have waffled and it has not helped at all! x:roll:

Last edited:
Lol, I know what you mean. Actually trying is pretty daunting. I remember my Mum said to me, when I was pregnant with my son, "you will worry about him whilst your pregnant and then for the rest of his life" I was thinking 'thanks for that Mum' lol, but she was right. Its scary but also the best feeling ever.

I have read that too but didnt know whether to count from the first peak day or the second. I will count from the first and that would have made me most likely to have ovulated yesterday (I think). Well we have done all we can do this month...heres to the symptom spotting obsessive two week wait!! x

LOL yeah true, need to relax now and wait and see! KEEP CALM!!!! LOL x

If my OH read that, he would say "impossible" lol
I dont actually feel stressed yet (she says at only 1 dpo, lol) I am feeling positive and know that there is nothing more we could so whatever happens, happens now :)

You're still in with a chance too, you DTD on the first peak day didnt you? x

No :roll: I freaked about the L phase didnt I :wall2:

Im such an idiot but after getting peak days on cd19 and 20 and reading what i did (should stop surfing the net) I didnt want to until I know how long my L phase is, my periods have been short after my long 42 cycle in July so am really worried about it.

silly aint I but its still all so new to me that everything is freaking me out at the moment, just want to (as much as I can) make sure my body is ready......x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back