Travel System stress!!!!

Kirsty.Y.84

Reaction score
So we went to look at travel systems today, which was fun and found 2 that we like. The Quinny Buzz 3 and the Babystyle Oyster. I've come home to read reviews online, and they both have good reviews, but also some reviews for both saying negative things.

A couple said that the Oyster is not very durable and breaks easily and is uncomfortable for the baby, and some said that the Quinny Buzz is also not durable and not comfortable to baby! Don't know what to do, there are so many travel systems and we're so confused!

Has anyone had experience of either of these buggies?

Thanks!

We've looked at both the oyster and the quinny - but we've gone for the oyster - i'm afraid with most adivce people give you you have to take it with a pinch of salt.

Go for what you like best and ignore the others. If its of any help reasons we went with oyster awere:
1) It was cheaper!
2) Lots of colour choices with the oyster that can be changed whenver you feel like it, and not too expensive
3) Slightly bigger/better shopping basket below (not something I'd thought about til my best friend mentioned it!!)
4) There are awider range of car seats that fit it - oysters own, maxi-xosi and britax SHR (we've having the britax)

Hope this is of some help - soundslike I'm trying to sell you an oyster!!

There's loads of time to sort - we haven't ordered ours yet so don't worry - we just kept looking everytime we were out and about, and just found ourselves gpoing back to the oyster xx

I've gone for the oyster too

Ive found a Hauck one which has everything the carry cot, car seat and comes with a bag and raincovers etc for £200-£300, looks quite sturdy x

I have the quinny buzz 4 buggy and I LOVE it. It's lightweight and easy to use and easy to put in the car etc. My only complaint would be the size of the shopping basket, but seriously that is such a tiny little moan it's nothing!! I wish that I could make my quinny into a tandem buggy, but unfortunately that's not possible so am going ot have to change!!

It's pretty 50/50 then!

Think we might go for the oyster, imas the quinny and the oyster are very similar but oyster slightly cheaper. Plus I like the fact you can buy the different colour packs.

Thanks for your opinions ladies :) xx

Sorry loula just seen your post. Do you know if the hauck one is compatible with the maxi cosi car seat? We need a car seat which is isofix rather than fixed in by the seat belt and that's the reason why we are limited on what we can but. I really like the Hauck Malibu! x

There are some reviews of both on a site called pushchair trader (they have a fb page too) where they have been 'tried and tested' by parents, which may help you out.

Personally I like the oyster/sola/zoom (not pregnant yet so plenty of time to decide ;))

Another vote for the Oyster! We ordered ours yesterday, soooo exciting! The reviews I read were quite mixed too, but as far as I can tell, newborns may not be very comfortable in the pushchair part. However, I want to make sure Buns can lay flat as much as possible in the early months so we are getting the carrycot as well. The other downsides I read were that the wheels may not be great for much "off-road" walking. However, I found out yesterday that there are air wheels available, along with pump, which are more suitable to "off-road". Mothercare do not sell them, but an independent store we went to does - along with parasol, cup holder, handle tray and more. I'm sure you can get the extras online too.

Plus, I really didn't like any other prams as much as the Oyster!!

(22wks)

We have gone for the Stokke Xplory, it takes the maxi cosi car seat but isn't that practical for shopping (that's where OH's role comes in ha). Its a bit pricey but will be used until baby is about 4yrs old and it also can be used as a high chair.xxx

We've gone for the oyster, with carrycot and maxi cosie car seat! Xx

Sorry loula just seen your post. Do you know if the hauck one is compatible with the maxi cosi car seat? We need a car seat which is isofix rather than fixed in by the seat belt and that's the reason why we are limited on what we can but. I really like the Hauck Malibu! x

I havent a clue and cant even find anywhere near by that sells it as have only seen it online x

Have now seen the mamas and papas zoom ( thanks charliebear!) it looks great and is a bit cheaper than the others £385 for buggy, carry cot and isofix compatible car seat! Going to have a look on Saturday, can't wait! Will then have 3 to compare! Prob end up more confused than before though! x

kirsty - as your from medway and im nearby was wondering where youve been to loook for prams and ikm soo clueless and mothercare at bluewater is the only place ive been and theres a few but also quite expensive x

We have gone for the Stokke Xplory, it takes the maxi cosi car seat but isn't that practical for shopping (that's where OH's role comes in ha). Its a bit pricey but will be used until baby is about 4yrs old and it also can be used as a high chair.xxx

Hi andrea just wondered why you didn't think it was that practical for shopping? X

i have gone for the silverross 3d pram pushchair and you get the carseat free with the pram at the moment from mothercare and all the accesories £300 for all of it and silvercross have just released and isofix base for the car seat too!!

Good luck with ur search, i looked at both the oyster and quinny and woman in mothercare said out the two she would recommend the oyster!! but went with silvercross in the end :) x

I just got a M&P sola and am very happy with it :)

Ugh, I have NO idea when it comes to Travel Systems. I like the oldschool pram-style, but also need to be practical that I will be walking in both town and countryside.
I was in mothercare yesterday - found some of the hoods of the pushchairs so noisey when the go up and down, surely it might wake bubba!

Sorry, I realise I am no help at all to this thread, but wanted to share the fact I too have had difficulties and frustrations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back