• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oral thrush and pain when feeding, updated!

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
when im feeding bailey after hes latched for 1 min i get pains like the let down flow, will this ease as he establishes breast feeding more, or will it carry on, sometimes it really hurts it doesnt last long only about 1 min but sometimes i have to take him off to ease it..its hard to explain but hopefully brest feeding mums will have been through it or do suffer as well..

sorry again for posting about breastfeeding.. but good news is i think hes getting there, he know feeds for 30-40 mins off both sides and is settled for around 3-4 hours.. :cheer:

some women suffer from a painful let down reflex which should only last a few moments. i call it the ten second toe curler.

however it it is lasting longerthen it could be thrush in your milk ducts. Take a look at baileys tongue and see if it has a white coating or anything. If it has then you need to contact your midiwfe ASAP and get medication and cream for baileys mouth.

Are there any red patches on your breasts? does the pain occur at anytime or just at feeding?

budge said:
some women suffer from a painful let down reflex which should only last a few moments. i call it the ten second toe curler.

however it it is lasting longerthen it could be thrush in your milk ducts. Take a look at baileys tongue and see if it has a white coating or anything. If it has then you need to contact your midiwfe ASAP and get medication and cream for baileys mouth.

Are there any red patches on your breasts? does the pain occur at anytime or just at feeding?

its mainly when hes feeding, sometimes if im doing something or he crys then it starts up again .. oh my thrush in my milk ducts, my boobs are not sore or anything no red marks or anything.. bailey does have white coating on his tongue, but i thought that was milk, im going to get him weighed again today so will see the health visitor and mention it to her as well, see what she says..

thanks budge can always rely on your advice.. :hug:

as bailey has a white tongue i think its most likely thrush. contact your midwife asap SSS. Its easily cleared up. Keep feeding him as normal.
insist of tablets for yourself and cream for baileys mouth and your nipples. thats the only way it will clear up.
i had it too with baby budge. Its not nice but its easily sorted :hug:

Thanks hun, i will do, just setting off now to the clinic, we no longer see midwife so health visitor will have to do lol.. i really didnt think it would be thrush i thought you could only get it down there :oops: goes to show how much i know

will let ya know later what she says!

just got bck, he has thrush and ive got it as well, im not in pain only when i feed him but they said that can happen.. thanks budge your a star!

got treatment for the both of us... :cheer:

glad you're all sorted! glad o have helped you out.

that what i get too, latching on is agony. it tends to ease into the feed.

im going back to the gp today. so ill be hopefully getting it sorted :)

horribkle isnt it. im just glad to get it sorted now, i litterally bite a towel or somehing when he latches on.

if it eases on feeding then its unlikely to be thrusjh. Its probably just a let down refelx - a ten second toe curler. It gets better as BF becomes more established

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back