Opticians Today

dannii87

Reaction score
Hola girls, hope you'll all be enjoying the sun today! Apparently the weather is going to be reeeeeally nice 8) :pray:

Anyway, I've had the craziest day already and it's only just gone 11am!!

Firstly, I went out with the girls from work last night and left my purse there :doh:

Then I woke up this morning for my opticians appointment at 10:30 and realised I needed my purse to pay for my eye test! So I had to rally around Sandy trying to find who had my purse lol (I got it eventually, but was 10 minutes late for my appointment) :roll:

At my appointment the optician said my eyes were really bad. Worst case of preggo eyes he's ever seen lol. He told me I shouldn't be driving with the lenses I have now as they are no good... (I was only last tested in December!)

My Dad has an eye condition where he is completely blind in one eye (gradually, over the years - he's now 44) and partially blind in the other (he will eventually go completely blind). So once Evie is born they're going to send me to get that checked out in case it's hereditry (sp?!)

Anyway, so after my appointment, I nipped into the local sandwich shop and it was only me in there, as well as my ex ex (not baby's dad) with his friend! (who I haven't seen since October) Well, they had a right ol' giggle at my expense. :wall: I look a complete mess this morning with yesterdays make up and a horrible old t-shirt that just about fits my bump. They started talking rather loudly (I'm sure it was so I could hear :think: :roll: ) about teenage pregnancy and how girls should start using protection as guys won't know what STDs they've got etc.

I just grabbed my sandwich (which seemed to take hours to make lol) and walked out.

Hope today gets better lol !!! xx

Aw hun, sounds like you need some :hug: :hug: :hug:
What a morning! Sounds like you need to go lie in the garden with your feet up and enjoy the sunshine with a good book or magazine for the rest of the day. Maybe pick up a nice bar of choccy for later too :D
Sarah xxx

what peanut said, and also - you should have bought a drink (perhaps a smoothie) and accidently on purpose stumbled and poured all over ex ex. :lol:
hope the rest of your day goes better than this morning.
x

Well !!! Ex-ex sounds like a right old dickhead, good job its sunny so you can soak it up with that big bar of chocolate n forget about him !! Bleedin grrr !! As for the eye test does this mean youve got to buy a whollee new batch of contacts ? Nightmare i have trouble enough getting more of the same ones from specsavers, justg ot some snazzy new buy one get one free glasses though :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks girls! :hug:

scatterpatch said:
As for the eye test does this mean youve got to buy a whollee new batch of contacts ?

Yeah it does mean a whole new bunch of contacts :wall: Luckily I'd just run out and on my last pair but I can't wait to see as well as I could in that optician chair today! :cheer: Couldn't believe how much of a difference there was with those really cool and funky specs they make you wear to test your eyes lol :lol:

Aww hun it sounds like you have had a right 'ole morning hope the day gets better for you :hug:

Xxx

Ooooh those nasty boys....I'm gonna bop em!!! :evil:

Hope everything is ok with your eyes little lady. :hug: I really must book another appointment soon, but that won't let me have contacts....but I hate wearing glasses, especially prescription sunglasses :puke: unless you're willing to pay a fortune, they don't have much nice ones :(

Aww this needs to become a bad day thread!
So far i've had an exam, most likely failed it, been stared at like some freak show at uni (i so fed up of making people become speachless) had some twat try and kill me on a roundabout then drive along side me shouting abuse at me and taking my number plate as if it was my fault, i was so angry, he nearly rammed me off the road! My parents are in an awful mood, came home and started shouting cos my sister has smashed up the car door and it's bent and needs replacing, so now i'm hiding in my room until Dave comes around to save me.

Has reminded me my eyes desperately need testing, keep getting letters and my glasses simply do not work anymore lol.

Hope your day gets better

:hug: Awwww evil little boys are so rude!!!!

Hopes your alright. :)

Today a old man who comes in and chats with me came in and was looking at me ribbon edging a cross and he said "Ohhhhh thats nice your definatly have a job waiting for you when you leave school then!" and I laughed and said "school!" and he said "yehhh when you leave school you can get a job here still and go to college" :oops: so I told him I left school 6years ago and he didnt believe me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back