opinions on a pushchair needed!!

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
ok well I have a double stroller I bought, just a side by side stroller type one.
Iv been worried since a I got it, as I dont really agree on newborns facing away from you and also being in stroller type pushchairs as they dont seem supportive for there little backs.
But because I get the bus into town 3x a week i needed something light and small to get onto the bus.
I also get taxis home sometimes and wouldnt able to with a stroller as it cant clip carseat onto it.
I have just applied for the £500 grant wich I will get and I dont need anything else for the baby as iv bought everything i need for her already.
So I was thinking of getting this:
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs...displayA_45_10751_-1_14603_122870_10001_14051

It would mean my little one would have a proper moses basket type thing for qwhen shes newborn, it also clicks a carseat onto it too and iv been told its very light and not too long!
BUT that would mean i would be spending the whole £500 as id nee adopters to be able to click the carseat onto it and also raincovers.
I was going to just stock up on nappies with the £500 and keep the rest away for things ill need when shes here.
but whats your opinion?
buy this pushchair, and mke my life easier with the carseat and carycot etc and my little one would have a comfier ride, and put my mind at rest.
or stick with the stroller and save the money?

Last edited:
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-U...nd-Tandems/Graco-Stadium-Duo-in-Orbit(0076986)

i used 1 similar to this 1 on my 1st 2 as i could get a car seat on the seat nearest the handle :) much cheaper only problem i ever found was if you have a heavy kid in the front wait a bit of a pain getting up kerbs i had to put all my weight on it lol was fun though and much much cheaper i found the side by side 1 easier to push but you cant fit through most doors and shopping in store where shelving or clothes rails are close a nightmare hth

i personally would stick with the stroller! ive got an obaby apollo sport and it lies right back for when theyre newborn! you could find that one a bit long pushing it around and on buses! and in taxis there's no legal requirement for a car seat, i know its not exactly safe tho! id be wary of spending so much on one with a carry cot, just cos in my experience, K outgrew hers really really qui ck!

i asked the txi man n he sed u have to have a crseat unless they can sit on your lap and not need to be supported.
and yeah thats the thing, im only small. I bought a graco double and it was soooooooooooooo heavy, like i literally couldnt lift it up the curb at all so i sold it. was like anti matter! lol

also i cant see the link hun to the pushchair?

its on babies rus website and is Ref:752134

Last edited:
go to the link then in the box below cant find type in that ref no :)

i didnt realise that, i just thought they could sit on your knee anyway! i have to admit shopping with my pram is a bloody nightmare! i tend to do most mine on sundays when i dont have the kids cos i cant fit round most shops!

that one does look hard to do id say just go around the stores ie babies r us mothercare ect and take your son with you and ask can you try it instore that way you can sit little 1 in the front seat then try lifting it :) i love graco lol i think they are nice solid prams, i eventually gave up on double buggies and use a board attached to my pram but was no good if you little 1 is likely to want to go sleep

yeah i would get a buggy board, think there fab but my son can't walk yet as he has probs with his legs.
and also the only place nr me tht does doubles in stock is mothercare and they only have a stroller and a phil and teds wich i dont like, nearest after that is a 2 hour drive away =/

without wanting to be nosy, would you mind me asking what problems your son has? just my oldest little lady has hip dysplasia so i'm interested in all that kinda stuff :blush:

Well Im not to sure myself tbh hun.
But he couldnt sit unaided until 13 months and even then he was wobbly, he didnt start crawling until 17 months and has only just recently been able to pull himself up onto things.,
the physio says he hs really weak and floppy legs and also when he walks he likes turns his feet in so he kinda walks on the side of his foot, so is getting special supportive shoes made for him :)

oh bless him! are they the piedro boots? its bloody hard work isnt it! you just kinda expect that by 18months atleast your baby will be walking and when it takes longer its so frustrating!!

Im not sure tbh hun i have to go to hospital on 2nd December to like have casts made or something?
And yeah its horrible, atleast now hes crawling he can get places but he used to get SO frustrated. and its also such hard work as all he wants to do atm is walk about with u holding his hands and it kills ur back wen pregnant lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back