OOOOPS - Let the cat out of the bag....!

littlebump

Reaction score
Well I had a get together with a load of people from my NCT antenatal classes last year, and made a Freudian slip (I made a comment about DH looking after our 'babies' :doh: ) - one of them picked up on it immediately and said excitedly 'why are you pregnant again?!!' which completely stunned me and I could do nothing other than stutter out a rather embarrassed 'yes'.

They were happy for me, and I explained it was too early for us to announce anything really. But so much for the big announcement I had planned for after my 12 week scan!

Anyone else broken the '1st trimester' rule when telling friends?

LBxx

Yup!

I planned on waiting till after the 12 week scan, but i told 2 girls from work because i had to tell them why i wouldnt go on any of the rides at Alton Towers, then i told a mate of mine that came round cause i am crap and now the majority of my work knows, both sets of parents know and my brother and my aunt, uncle and one or maybe 3 of my cousins (although my aunt is giving me my jabs so she had to know)

So i practically have know one left to tell apart from my grandad who is going to be in shock because he is going to be a great grandad twice in the space of about 2 months :shock:

Haha - thanks for the reply Flame.

Didn't realise - looks like we're due on the same day!!!! How exciting!

LBxx

I told everyone within a week of finding out! I couldn't keep my mouth shut!! :lol:

Congrats BTW, Littlebump. It doesn't seem 5 minutes since you were pg before!

:roll: OH didnt give me a chance to say Shhh! :shhh: Before he was announcing it down the pub! :roll:

I was far too excited to keep it to myself and went through tri 1 with no probs

I told everyone last time but then i lost bubs and it was awful having to tell everyone!!

So i am trying to be a bit more secretive this time! :shhh:

Lau
xx

I told everyone last time but then i lost bubs and it was awful having to tell everyone!!

So i am trying to be a bit more secretive this time! :shhh:

Lau
xx

It wasn't me that couldn't hold my tongue it was my OH, we had literally just got the BFP and he was like come on we need to go see my mum :roll:

we have told our parents and brothers and sisters and 2 of our closest friends but thats all so far but as the 12 week mark approaches its hard to keep quiet, especially as ive got quite little bump! :D

I have told my sister, and OH has told a couple of people at work (he doesn't have internet friends he can talk to, so I let him off!!).

We are going to try to keep it secret for as long as possible.

OH wants it kept secret till after Christmas so that we don't have any hassles over the festive season.

I don't think either sets of parents will be best pleased that no.4 is on it's way.

But, I don't know if we will be able to keep it quiet for that long, I will be 16 weeks at Christmas, and my older sister guessed because of my tummy at 12 weeks last time.

We shall see. I would love to tell everyone straight after the 12 week scan, but I do understand where OH is coming from about having a hassle free Christmas.

Not looking forward to announcing it to relatives at all really.

My sister was quite shocked, and she is the one person who I thought would really be fine with it.

Heather x

This time we have only told those who need to know. Thats everyone in work, my aunt (my mom died and she is the closet thing i have to a mom) and my husbands mom and dad. The rest of the family on both sides dont know. However im not sure how i will keep it a secret from my sister at her 30th as i wont be drinking. :think:

Im not telling everyone as last time when we lost our baby we had to tell them and that was hard. My Dad and step mom were really insenstive, saying that they wanted me to start trying for another one within the year etc etc.

with my last 2 i couldnt wait to tell people and everyone knew from the day i took the tests lol this time i didnt really want to tell people so early which wsa strange for me but my dh couldnt wait and we told everyone but i went on to have a mc and i keep thinking its strange how i didnt want to tell anyone this time and then that happens !!!so now i have to face everyone :(

tankett said:
Congrats BTW, Littlebump. It doesn't seem 5 minutes since you were pg before!

Thanks Tankett - feels good to be back!! And congrats to you on your little man! :hug:

mishm said:
my dh couldnt wait and we told everyone but i went on to have a mc and i keep thinking its strange how i didnt want to tell anyone this time and then that happens !!!so now i have to face everyone :(

This is of course what I've been fearing - though many of those who now know I would also tell if we lost little bean, I wouldn't want to tell some of them as I know they would feel very awkward around me.

I replied in your other post as well, but was so sorry to hear your sad news Mishm - hope you're coping OK and getting support from your loved ones xx :hug:

i found out at 6 weeks and as its my first i'm so excited within a week of bfp we'd told everyone we know! i kno it must be hard telling ppl but if the worst happened i'd be so gutted i wouldnt be able to hide my feelings and i think it'd be for the best if ppl knew i had a real excuse for my behaviour.
good luck with it all, hope we see each other in 2nd tri!
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back