• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OMG.... WHAT A DAY!!!!!!

DebbieM

Reaction score
OK, so today......

I met Karina in Northampton and the day went well.. until... we go back to the cars in the multi-story and I do what I usually do....

I unlock the car, go to the boot and then throw the keys through the boot to the front of the car... Matt tells me off for it ALL the time because I ALWAYS lose the keys IN the car when I do it and then have to spend 5 minutes looking for them.

Anyway.. I did this today and since Luke had done a poo before we left, I had to change him before the journey home and it wasn't fair to leave him for an hour, so I did a quick nappy change in the boot (we have a big boot). When I'd finished, he was upset and crying (I'd had to wake him to take him out of his pushchair) and I went to the front of the car to put him in his car seat and realised the door was locked. :think: :think:

I tried the drivers door... yep... locked.. as were ALL the doors. Fortunately, the boot was still open as I'd not put the pushchair in by this point. So.. I had to get Karina to hold Luke, while I took the back of the car apart and had to clamber over the chairs and everything to find the keys (which had landed on the floor in the front passenger footwell) :wall: :wall: :wall:

I've learnt my lesson now. I WON'T be throwing the keys into the front of the car anymore. (PROMISE!)

It didn't finish there though... I also lost my ticket and really started to panic (Karina had gone by this time). I finally found it - I was sitting on it!

Still doesn't finish there.. I had NO idea where I was going so was completely reliant on Sat Nav today... I switched it on when I left but forgot that it didn't have much charge and had lost the charger (since getting to Northampton!!!!) As it was dark and raining, I had no chance of finding it so had to set off in the hope that it wouldn't die (there was a big red battery symbol flashing away at me the whole way back) :|

We got home ok, thank goodness.

THEN!!!! I get in, cook Luke's dinner, whilst that's cooling, I decided to feed Barney and realised that I've actually managed to overdose him on his medication for his poorly paw (only last night) so had to ditch his dinner and re-do it.

I also decided to make Matt some chestnuts. He always wants them from the street sellers at this time of year but only ever wants a few and they only do massive bags full. So.. I'd bought some from Tesco (loose) and read the instructions on how to roast them on the proper packs... score the top, roast in the over for 8-10 minutes and then leave to cool for 2 minutes before opening.

I roasted them.. took them out of the oven and 30 seconds later, one exploded right in my face... all in my hair, my eyes and the kitchen was covered. I thought it was just an odd one and carried on scooping them out of the tray, until ANOTHER one popped.. again right in my face.. in my eyes and all over the place (how does something so small go such a long way?)

It turns out anyway. I forgot to score the top of them.. hence the explosions.

I can still feel chestnuts in my eyes now.... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Awww im so bummed i didnt come i would have laughed my head off ( and then offered to crawl through for you obviously :) ) One of those days or what !!

I didnt know you had to do anything to the chestnuts either :doh:
Did they burn you hun syrely the were scolding ? You alright ??? :hug: :hug:

They didn't burn me... just feel like I've got... er... chestnuts in my eyes! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

oh dear debs, sounds eventful lol!! :lol: hope ur eyes are ok :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lol cant say i know how you feel because.... well never had nuts in me eyes but bless ya lol and poor Matt who had to eat his chestnuts off the kitchen walls :rotfl:

mummykay said:
oh dear debs, sounds eventful lol!! :lol: hope ur eyes are ok :hug: :hug: :hug:

Did you say something? I can't read. I have nuts in my eyes! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

MagicMarkers said:
Lol cant say i know how you feel because.... well never had nuts in me eyes but bless ya lol and poor Matt who had to eat his chestnuts off the kitchen walls :rotfl:

He's still eating it out of my hair and off my t-shirt as we speak.

Sorry Debbie but that's hilarious :rotfl:

Poor you though. Are you still functioning????

:hug: but secretly :lol: the chestnuts is very funny, although too much info on nuts in faces and eating food off of each other. :rotfl:

As for the car keys OMG i do that ALL the time, we are so the same!!!! I am not going to do it now! How did it lock do you reckon it hit the central locking button on the fob when it landed? cos i never thought of that before!!! :? Hmmmm?

:hug: Hugs your day can only get better, hope your eyes are ok!! :D

kellysomer said:
:hug: but secretly :lol: the chestnuts is very funny, although too much info on nuts in faces and eating food off of each other. :rotfl:

As for the car keys OMG i do that ALL the time, we are so the same!!!! I am not going to do it now! How did it lock do you reckon it hit the central locking button on the fob when it landed? cos i never thought of that before!!! :? Hmmmm?

:hug: Hugs your day can only get better, hope your eyes are ok!! :D

Nope, the car re-locks itself after 25 seconds once you unlock it with the keyfob. I just didn't realise it does it when you've opened the boot. :wall: :wall: :wall:

OH didnt realise it did that, better not do that any more. I once spent an hour looking for my keys in tesco, kids were crying and hungry in the car, i looked under, in and on the car, sat and cried in the end for 10 mins. How stupid did i feel when OH turned up with the spare set only to point out my keys were in the ignition. :oops: :wall: :doh: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back