OMG now i feel old

mary70

Reaction score
i have just met a friend from school that i havent seen for a while and she had a baby boy in her arms about 5 months old so i am saying arr he is beautiful and all that like you do and she says " yes he is my GRANDSON :shock: " now how old do i feel :(

:hug: don't worry about it too much...

My mum was only young when she had me and I'm only young having my baby so she'll be a nan at 41! :shock:

She's not too fussed as long as the baby doesn't call her 'Granny'...
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Aww dont worry about it my parents were quite young when they had us my Dad is a grandad already and has a baby boy of his own on the way in May then he will be a grandad for the second time in September! Theres more people having babies younger nowadays and more people having them abit later then they used to so is such a broad spectrum of ages of parents, dont let it make you feel old until your at least a gran yourself! :lol:

I'm 37 and one of my best friends from school became a Gran back in February. I've yet to have my first :lol:

Penstraze said:
Aww dont worry about it my parents were quite young when they had us my Dad is a grandad already and has a baby boy of his own on the way in May then he will be a grandad for the second time in September! Theres more people having babies younger nowadays and more people having them abit later then they used to so is such a broad spectrum of ages of parents, dont let it make you feel old until your at least a gran yourself! :lol:

:shock: i am not even thinking like that :rotfl:

Dont feel old, we all do things at different times in our lives.

Don't worry, I'm on the opposite end of the stick. My mum is 44 but looks about 35 and all i ever get is "is that your little sister/niece/cousin?"

:rotfl:

zebrastripes said:
Don't worry, I'm on the opposite end of the stick. My mum is 44 but looks about 35 and all i ever get is "is that your little sister/niece/cousin?"

arr thats nice

im 27 there was a girl in my form who left in year 9 to have a baby, she mustve been 13, i didnt kno her that well she was one of the quiet ones! she could be a gran by now! HAHA lol rather her than me at least i cant possibly become a gran in my 20's! :lol:

i made my exs mum a nan at 39 :dance: :clap: :rotfl:
silly cow was hoping B would wait till 3rd oct so she would be at least 40

My eldest is 16 this year so its entirely possible I could be a gran in the next few years....touch wood she wont get pregnant for a good few years yet though but you never know! :shock:

I am right with you :D

38 and 2 grandchildren, 1 boy and 1 girl, its not so bad, you get to hand them back when they are colicky and grizzly :rotfl:

When my Mum see's old mates from school etc.. and she has Harrison with her they all think he's hers :lol: Apparently shes too young to be a Nan!

I made my mum a gran at the young age of 36, she refused to be a granny though shes a nannan.

If Lydia has a baby at 18 then I'll be a grandma at 39. I really hope she doesn't haha.

My parents were 'older' when they had me (34 and 35) so I didn't make them grandparents until they were 55 and 56, so they were ok about that lol.

If Willow has a baby at 20 I'll be a gran at 36 :shock:

Hopefully she won't take up the family tradition of having casual children out of wedlock, but she probably won't have a choice,the women of my family must be the most fertile females in Ireland, we get pregnant if a man so much as points his penis in our direction.

I had my first at 17, if he was to follow suit and had a child at 17 then i would be a nana at 34!!!! :shock: LOL
I cant wait to be a nana actually!
LOL I may change my mind when Im older but it must be great having children to play with and look after and love, but then when they smell or are crying, just give them back hahaha

having said all that my husbands mum was a nan at 35 but its different when its your school friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back