OMG I feel so fat!!!

skatty

Reaction score
I went shopping today and am so depressed! Maternity wear is too big and looks stupid because I don't really have a bump but just a really thick waist and all the stuff I like has a waistband which would only accentuate the thick waist! I truly feel like an elephant and have spent the day packing away all my tiny clothes, will I ever fit my Jane Norman tops again I wonder? I'm finding it difficult because I have always been a curvy girl but have always had a small waist to show off so now I'm just big all over. i have a small frame but with huge boobs so everything I try on that fits in the boobs is too big on the shoulders. I know I sound shallow but I'm in tears because I just don't know how I'm going to get through this summer looking like a wale. I love clothes and I am so depressed!!

Oh pooh, I forgot I'm in the 2nd trimester now!

The best place my wife found for mat clothes was ebay, and Next directory. They have a good range which are not in the shops (have a look online).

From a mans point of view theres nothing 'fat' about being pregnant, in fact I think theres something quite sexy about it (without meaning to sound like a weirdo)!?

Ahh Paul B, thank you, its nice to hear!

My meltdown has passed and I have decided to concentrate on my good bits! I have stopped being sick and everyone tells me I'm looking good and healthy. My hair is really long and shiny and I am going to show off my cleavage so noone will look at my stomache!! Good plan, I am now really pleased with myself but with my hormones the way they are I don't know how long that will last! :D

Oh Skatty - Jane Norman clothes!!! I have 2 binbags full stored at my mums for after the birth. Everytime I go into town, a magnet starts pulling me to Jane Norman, and I just stand outside looking in the window drooling. They would make a fortune if they started doing Maternity clothes!!

I can definitely recommend Next stuff though. I never ever buy from Next when I am a 'normal' size, but the maternity is great. I was in maternity from about 8 weeks, but like you, didn't really have a bump, just no waist. But the Next clothes fit then, and still do now.

Paul - you are reading from the same hymnbook as my DH!! He says exactly the same and loves my new shape! I just wish I didn't have sinusitis so feel so rough that I can't take advantage of it!! :oops: :lol:

Oh Tankett wouldn't we all feel sexy if Jane Norman did maternity! Thanks for the tip about Next, I am in London again next month and will definitely take a look!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back