OMFG!!

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
omg!!!

Im never buying another babyliss product again!!

Just been drying my hair as normal and all of a sudden it started to smoke and burnt a large chunk of my hair off!! it was proper singed!!!

Who should i contact?

Thank fook my hair is layered!

Take a pic of your hair and contact Babyliss! I had this happen once, a flame actually came out the end, bloody hairdryer turned into a blow torch, made me scream! :x

Are you ok? :hug:

Hmm i dont expect anything out of i as the hairdryer is oldish, i bought it last december so maybe its dyingbut no excuse to burn my frikkin locks off!!!! I want even holding it dead close.

Oooer! i have seen sparks before in hairdryers but never flames or actual burning :shock:

mrs_tommo22 said:
Hmm i dont expect anything out of i as the hairdryer is oldish, i bought it last december so maybe its dyingbut no excuse to burn my frikkin locks off!!!! I want even holding it dead close.

That isn't very old. I've had my hairdryer for alot longer than that and it's still going strong. I would definitely complain :hug:

Good grief glad your ok though!

I woukld contact the manufactor and make a complaint even harm it up and say you had a child in the room or something thats dangerous shit!!

x

OMG, Hope you are OK :hug: Ive had my hairdryer for nearly 3 years and it works just fine

I bought some Babyliss hair straighteners and they're bloody rubbish!

You can reasonably expect a hair dryer to last for many years and for it to be safe (if used properly - I burnt a carpet but that was because I was stupid, not the manufacturer) at all times. Therefore you are entitled to a replacement for sure or possibly a refund. And if I were you I'd be looking for compensation too, at least the cost of a good haircut and preferably compensation for distress too.

Get in touch, stress the hair dryer is less than 18 months old, send a photo of the damage if possible and explain the stress. Do you have young children you could have been using it on? If so, explain your extreme concern that a child could have been seriously injured. Ask for compensation and a refund.

I hope you're OK :hug:

they should last ALOT longer than that.

ive had mine for years and it still works as new!!

i've found that places like argos will replace items like this even if you don't have the original receipt - just take it to them and if it's still in their catalogue they will give you a new one. (my mum done this with her kettle which burnt out at the plug :shock: )

also - that's not a long time to have a hairdryer at all :? let us know how you get on :hug: and hope your hair isn't too damaged :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back