Ok ive gone crazy on clothes!oops!!

lrb

Reaction score
Really not sure how much of what we should have or what we really need! Trying to buy clothes so baby goes straight into clothes rather than baby grows! Bought lots of different sizes but still unsure!

My list so far:

0-3
X2 t-shirts
Fleece cardy/coat
X2 Dress's
Sleep suit
X2 leggings

3-6
X5 T-shirt
Dress & cardy
Swim suit

6-9
Cardigan
Fluffy Coat

How many outfits should u have?? I know depends how many times baby sicks up but roughly each day.
X

Last edited:
Cos mine will be a Spring baby I am going for layers and going to get loads of vests and t-shirts as chances are that's all he will wear when it's hot xxxxxxxx

I'd plan on buying about 5 of the main bits for each age.

I don't have much experience with a baby that pukes alot. I'd only use 1 outfit in a day unless we were very unlucky and a nappy would leak, even so you can wash things.

I still prefer babygros they're warm and soft and no gaps to get the cold in, and they're easy to wash and dry. I bet your lil girls gonna look very cute in all her outfits though.

Yeah mines due march but march this year was hot lol! So got dresses & tights! Mother in law has bought about the same amount too!
Do you put baby in sleeveless vests under all clothes?
And all in ones at night? X

Irb me and all my mummy friends would all tell you that for the first couple of months they live in babygrows, I had lots of outfits for my son, but he didn't get a lot of use out of them, babygrows are so cute and clolourful, but mostly they are the most comfy thing for your newborn and allow them to stretch unrestricted :)

Was just going to say exactly what she said!!!
With No1, I made that mistake, had dozens of outfits, even little soft shoes and about 70% of it has never been worn! Sleepsuits / baby gros etc are so much more practical, easy to change little one into/ out of, comfy for baby and so cute on them - because they're only little for such a small time:)
Sometimes little baby's can look all scrunched up and uncomfortable in "real" clothes :)

This time round, I've bought so many sleepsuits etc, and little babygros with frilly ruffled bottoms and matching jackets, cardis or tunics for the little lady. I'm definitely going for practicality and convenience this time round :)

I got some yesterday too but so confused over it all LOL no idea what I need so im jsut gettng stuff i think is cute haha

I've been told it helps them learn day & night if you dress them & get into routine & all the baby clothes r so soft! I work for a nursery & so many of the mums there have said it really helped! So wanna try give it ago :) x

Can I ask a stupid question??! Hope so, but are babygrows the same as sleep suits??? With the feet in? Im soooo confused!!

i class baby grows and sleepsuits as the same thing - long sleeves and feet. Then body suits are the vests, no legs and in either sleeveless, short sleeve or long sleeve xx

Do you put vests under all clothes or just when cold? X

As far as I'm aware that younger babies always wear a vest under sleep suits, clothes etc

Yeah always put a vest under, just depending how cold it is depends on the sleeve style. Im due in january so got long and short sleeve but not any sleeveless x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back