• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

oh no

charli

Reaction score
my poor baby girl has got her first cold n its really bad her nose is streaming eyes red and shes really coughing any tips on how to help her i hate her not getting comfy in bed ive put a karval thing in her room to help her breath any thing else i can do thanks ladies i hate seeing her like this xxx :hug:

aww poor mite. She's done well to get to 8 months before her first cold though. Alex is only 7 weeks old and has had one already (he caught it off Lydia).

We always give calpol and use childrens olbas on a hanky for Lydia when she has them. (Alex is too young for anything).

Also using a humidifier in the room helps them to breathe.

Other than that she'll probably need to sleep more.

It's awkward with babies, because obviously they need to drink milk/formula, but at the same time it makes them more mucusy which is a pain.

Get some mild vapour rub to rub on her chest ( I know Boots sell a mild one). You can also buy childrens cough medicine such as Tixylix. If you need to you can use Calpol aswell as the cough medicine providing the cough medicine doesn't contain paracetamol(The Tixylix I bought doesn't).

Gemma & Jake said:
Get some mild vapour rub to rub on her chest ( I know Boots sell a mild one).

Try "Snuffle Babe"...

http://www.yourhealthfoodstore.co.uk/de ... r_rub.html

ial1926_snuffle_babe_vapour_rub.jpg

I couldn't find it on the Boots website, but Tescos do it. My HV recommended it for colds for little ones.

I used Medised with Libby for her cold last week, hope she is feeling better soon :hug:

Give her a nice warm bath.. and put one or two drops of lavender and eucalyptus oil in the water and bathe her.... then give her some warm milk and settle her down.... She will feel a lot better... dose her up with some snuffle babe too thats really good... also you can use it in the bath instead of the essential oils.

thanks girls shes slowely getting but now ive got it tut never mind as long as lillie is starting to get better i dont care xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back