• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

o0o0o0oh im excited :D

Sassyminx

Reaction score
me and df were gona get married next year, but ive been paid off from work, and even though our original plan was to use the money to get wed, we decided last night that we cant justify wasting 5k (our original budget) on 1 day, when we wanna spend our lives together.
Fair enough if we were loaded and could afford to spend loads on a big fancy day, we probably would have done, but even then, why spend all of our hard earned on entertaining everyone else at our expense!!!

sooooooo weve now decided that were gonna have a small wedding in november this year, just get wed at registry office, and have a party afterwards and a few days away in some nice european city.... aiming to not spend more than £1500 on the full lot, which tbh i think is achievable if were careful

ive started off good.... just bought this off ebay, seeing as its only going to be worn once,i couldnt justify spending £600 for it to sit in the cupboard for years and never be used again :rotfl:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

any ideas how much it costs to get married in a registry office? gonna ring up tomorrow and see about booking it 8)

That dress is gorge :D makes me want to get married again!

who says u cant get a wedding dress thats stunning AND cheap 8)

Thats lovely chick!

Enjoy planning things. I think your so right about spending a fortune to entertain everyone else, if you love each other then who needs a big do!
A small one will be great im sure it will be a beautiful day! xxx

OOO congrats! :cheer: :cheer: The dress is wonderful!!!
You have absolutely the right idea, don't blow loads of money on your wedding....confirming your lifelong love for each other is the focus of your special day...not outdoing Posh and Becks! You will have a brilliant day and then you will have money to enjoy your life together instead of struggling with debts run up for one day of showmanship.

We had just left uni when we got hitched and didn't have two sticks to rub together. We had a wedding on a small budget and it was wonderful. We are still blissfully married 6 years on with a little more money to spend on our home.

I think reg charges vary from area to area, but i think it is about £30 to declare your intention to marry and then about £40 for the ceremony.

Lots of luck to you!!!
M
x

Dress is gorgeous hun!!

We recently got married in a registry office....you pay £30 each to give your notice of marriage (at your local reg office), and then we paid £37.50 at the registry office where we married (pay on the day) for the ceremony & the marriage certificate.

Congratulations on your wedding, I hope you have a fabulous day :cheer:

Emmylou said:
Dress is gorgeous hun!!

We recently got married in a registry office....you pay £30 each to give your notice of marriage (at your local reg office), and then we paid £37.50 at the registry office where we married (pay on the day) for the ceremony & the marriage certificate.

Congratulations on your wedding, I hope you have a fabulous day :cheer:

oooh thats great, so its not that expensive at all then compared to a church, can you book it in advance? :oops: and how long before do you have to give notice?

You can book it in advance no problem, they recommend it so you don't lose the date.......give them a call and reserve the date first (the reg office where you're getting married) as you need this for the notice.

Then give your notice at your local reg office - your notice is ready after it has been up on their board for 15 days........they will write to the reg office where you are getting married (if its a different one) who will in turn write to you to confirm your wedding date.

Then you can collect your notice once it has matured (not the right terminology but I can't remember wht they call it), you then need to give the notice in where you are going to get married :cheer: :cheer:

I was surprised how cheap it was too........bargain!! Our Reg Office ceremony was amazing, and the Registrar who conducted it was so sincere - we were really pleased!!

Forgot to say......the notice once you collect it states you must get married within 12 months, or you need to give notice again.....so you could do that as early as the next appointment they have available to see you.....once you've made your reservation for the actual marriage ceremony :cheer:

EDIT - DH Has just corrected me as the Marriage Fee on the day was actually £43.50 (incl. the marriage certificate) - can you see who paid on the day - (well I didn't have pockets :wink:)

That's a great idea :D

May I recommend Rome for your european city break, I loved it there :D

hun that dress is amazing its really lovely
i completely agree on the small wedding ian wanted the whole shabang untill i said the other week that i want a small doo, he was gutted untill i said, why have a big doo, i dont care how many people come i dont even care who is there, the only person there who matters to me is him, i dont want to tell everyone else i love him or that i want to spent the ret of my life with him, i want to tell him, as long as people we are close to are there to celebrate us loving each other does it matter if the queen and her corgi waltzed in? i think not
u have so much fun planning your day and i know youll have wonderfull day

LOve the dress...we had a small wedding too then spent the money on the honeymoon.
I think the fact it was small made it more intimate

That dress is lovely!

DF and i get married in august, we are also haiving a small do with family and close friends!

It also cost us £30 each and then £43.50 on the day! We booked ours in january and went and gave our notice a couple of days later!

I think you've made an excellent decision there Sassyminx, and as others have said, that dress is so beautiful, you will look and feel priceless on your special day no doubt about it.

Very best wishes!! :hug:

WOW that dress is amazing and such a bargain! I wish I had known about ebay when I got married!!

The day will be as special as you make it becasue you will be marrying your hubby, not becasue of how much you paid for a dress etc! And tbh - I wish we hadn't spent so much on our wedding now as we are still paying for it now!

Congrats and good luck!!

Great looking dress! I know what you mean re spending all that money on one day!!! Hence that's why my OH and I got married in Vegas - I bought a black oriental dress for the occasion so at least I can wear it again :wink: !
Congrats hun and hope you get the wedding you want!

Me and my dh got married in Gibraltar and the whole thing including flights only cost us about £1000 max! It was a brilliant day. It was just us and my sister and bil as witnesses. At the end of the day it's about you two having a great day not everyone else at your expense. Your dress is gorgeous! I hope you have a lovely wedding day hun good luck!

booked it over the phone today for 17th november, at 12.30, gotta go down on saturday to publish the banns, its cost £30 each for the banns and £115 for the ceremony :shock: it would have cost £190 if we wanted to be married after 12.30 though, not paying that :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back