nursing bras

claireyfairey

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

I was just wondering when you got measured for nursing bras....when is the best time to buy them? Just thinking ahead as usual!

Thanks

Claire xxx

I am sure I read you should leave it til after 36 weeks for baby to drop abit and your ribs to go back abit smaller again, so I will be going to get measured after I finish work at 36 weeks

I never got measured, i needed an E towards the end of my pregnancy so bought a 34 E in bras from a website, they were big to start with but my boobs have ballooned due to feeding so they fit quite well, they're a little big around the back though

I'd say don't bother buying them till after your LO is born and your milk comes in. Chances are what you buy beforehand won't fit otherwise.

Ones I got before giving birth no longer fit. Didn't from about 3 days after. Total waste of £30.

Get a cheapie one to tide you over then go get some about a week after you give birth.

Thanks for the tips :)

Think that's a good idea sherlock, might just buy myself a cheap one to get me through the first few days and then get measured properly :)

(I just want an excuse to buy a new bra really! :lol: )

C xxx

Sherlock said:
I'd say don't bother buying them till after your LO is born and your milk comes in. Chances are what you buy beforehand won't fit otherwise.

Ones I got before giving birth no longer fit. Didn't from about 3 days after. Total waste of £30.

Get a cheapie one to tide you over then go get some about a week after you give birth.

This happened to me :evil: Total waste of money :roll:

What Sherlock said. I just kept going with the bras I'd been using when pregnant to begin with as they were stretchy so I could pull the cup down.

Even once your milk has settled the fit of bras is a bit of a nightmare as it changes throughout the day. DD drinks 170ml per feed. That's a big change in bra size! It doesn't seem quite that bad but there are times my bra fits and times it is tight.

Also, it will be really hard to try bras on as your breasts will be leaking :rotfl: Just to warn you!

I think I was lucky as I wore the same maternity/nursing bras during my pregnancy and after birth (Elle Macpherson) as my size didn't really change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back