Nurofen - NEED ADVICE PLEASE

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
I accidently gave Rosie 10mls of childrens Nurofen this evening - dont know why, thought it was the same dose as Calpol until I looked at the label, Im a bit worried about her and need some reassurance that she is ok, she is asleep at the moment, I kept her up for an hour past her bedtime to keep an eye on her and then rocked her to sleep. Im on the verge of putting her in the spare bed and sleeping in there with her so I can keep an eye on her.

Am I being paranoid? Should I leave her in her cot? The dosage is 5mls every four hours, no more than 3 times in 24 hours. Im shitting myself If Im honest :roll:

I am sure that this happening once will not harm her :hug: But as i am no medical expert and if you are still worried ring nhs direct ...I was told by my doc when jake was little and somehow spilt/drank calpol when my ex oh hadnt put lid on that the half a bottle i wasnt sure he had drank /spilt would only give him runs ...she also said no baby medicine was made strong enough to harm unless given exesserly .xxx

I rang NHS Direct and they are exceptionally busy, I think Im going to bung her in the spare room with me and go to bed so I can watch her and be close to her. F*ck why am I so stupid?!

I feel terrible about it..thanks for your support I really appreciate it. I dont know what I would do without this forum now.

Huge hugs hun :hug: I don't know how many times I've said if I could just turn back time :doh: but we can't. I'm sure she'll be fine hun but try NHS again to set your mind at rest xxx

Dont worry hun, we all make mistakes.
Personally I dont it'll do any harm, these things happen.
:hug: for you hun.

:hug: I'm sure she'll be fine. It's so easy to do so I'm sure they make the recommended dose low enough for double it not to do any harm at all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NikUchiha
Back