Numb/Tingling finger

Emma58

Reaction score
Another probably stupid question but, I keep getting a numb/tingling finger (just my little finger and the one next to it) can a trapped nerve cause this?

I don't have it all the time just when I have been on the computer for a long time ( I think it's because I rest my hand on the side of my face while i'm browsing) and when i have been laid on that arm in bed.

It seems to take ages to get the feeling back properly in it.

I gte it in my little finger too when Ive been on the pc to long, Im not sure what causes it but its bloomin annoying :lol:

I get it in my little finger too! My doc said it was Carpal tunnel, and I said i thought that was only in thumb and forefinger and she said you can get it in any of your fingers.

Its sooooo annoying!

I had a massage today and the lady massage my hand and fingers which was weird but nice, she said it was cos nerves can get trapped and hands can get sore, one symptom i have not had yet tho mind
touch wood
hope it gets better x

sounds like a bit of irritation of your ulnar nerve, one of the ones that runs down through your elbow which serves those 2 fingers. You've probably been laying on it funny.

I thought Carpal Tunnel was only in your thumb and index finger. That's probably what it is then! It drives me mad.

This is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

For me it started as shooting pains between my index and middle fingers on one hand, then moved to the other hand and now those fingers / that webbing is pretty numb and only tingles when I scratch my wrist it's weird :shock:

THEN just in the last couple of days the shooting pains have started between my little finger and the one next to it on my left hand - so it looks like that's going the same way. Weird that it's so common in pregnancy; I wonder what causes it?

If you get it badly (so that you can't form a fist, for instance, or that you're in pain) you can get a splint to wear at night. Mine's not that bad though it doesn't really bother me.

I definitely get it after being on the PC too long. When the numbness starts to wear off my little finger then goes bright red and starts burning

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatima70
Back