numb hands???

youngmumtobe20

Reaction score
i've been getting a tingly numbness in my hands, not if they're not really doing anything but if im gripping something e.g a mug, or using the mouse they go numb really quick. i used to get it it my thumb on my right hand b4 i was preg but now im getting it in my whole hand. i've only had it once in my left hand tho.

should i mention it to the midwife when i next see her? or am i just making something out of nothing???

It could be carpal tunnel syndrome... where the carpal tunnel nerve in your hand is being compressed by water retention. It's common in pregnancies but usually near the end.

I used to get it before I was pregnant where my right thumb, first and second fingers would go completely numb, usually upon waking... I took diuretic tablets to make me pee.. but you can't take them when your pregnant....

Mention it to your Midwife... because water retention and swelling can be sign of pre-eclampsia, but its likely to be nothing serious... just one of those niggly pregnancy symptoms..

yes could be CTS for both of you - also could be a repetitve strain - you should get it checked out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back