Nuchal Translucency Scan Results

Bee7

Reaction score
Hi all,

FINALLY i have got my letter regarding the screening test for downs syndrome - haven't actually seen it with my own eyes yet as i'm at work, but asked my mum to read it out to me over the phone. Happy to say that the letter said baby isn't in the increased risk category and has a 1 in 1600 chance of having the condition. Not sure what these figures really mean as i've seen some ladies on here posting figures like 1 in 20,000 and 1 in 70,000. But 1 in 1600 still seems like quite good odds to me so i'm pleased :)

Now...what can i worry about next lol! xxxx

That's good odds hun, mine was 1 in 1700 and i asked my mw about it as i've seen the same as you. She said combined with the neck measurement of 1.3 my bloods showed a low result too but because I am 34 they raise the odds a little because of my age. She said that there's very little chance of DS and not to worry about it at all xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks BabyBrain...can always rely on you for a reassuring answer :) I'm 25 (just!) so i don't know what factors will have created these odds. I know from my records that babys neck measurement was 2.1mm which is slightly higher than some, but still in the 'normal' range. Will maybe have to discuss this with my mw, but still happy :) xxx

Bee - mine was one in 510 - my midwife says not to worry, and that they don't offer further tests unless the risk is higher than 1 in 150

Hoe you can rest now!! xxx

Glad you finally got the results, sounds like a good result to me :) we dont get the combined test where i am :(

Thanks BabyBrain...can always rely on you for a reassuring answer :) I'm 25 (just!) so i don't know what factors will have created these odds. I know from my records that babys neck measurement was 2.1mm which is slightly higher than some, but still in the 'normal' range. Will maybe have to discuss this with my mw, but still happy :) xxx

It's probably the measurement that bumped it up, but they do both the scan and bloods because they can only give a good result with both really. Separately they don't mean very much I don;t think

Now you'll just drive yourself mad waiting for movements. Don't panic, every time we get over one hurdle there's another one waiting for us lmao xxxxxxxxx

Lol so true, i think pregnancy is quite possibly the most stressful thing i've ever done! I'm still awaiting movement and a bump. The only symptom of pregnancy i have at the moment is endless worrying!

Becky your results are still good and still put you in the low risk category. It's crazy how you can get yourself bogged down with figures. If anyone said 1 in 500 you'd automatically think 'tiny chance' but when you see other peoples figures floating around it gets you thinking.

Nurse, that's a bit crap that you're not offered it but on the other hand, lots of women choose not to have it anyway. Obviously now i've got a good result i'm glad i took it but given the chance again i'm not sure if i would as it can't give you a definite answer either way. And even if it did you're still faced with a massive decision. It's such a tricky subject xxxxx

I never got a figure.... just low risk. Not sure i want to know thou.... xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back