Norethisterone can you get pregnant whilst taking it?

Amyrose

Reaction score
I was prescribed norethisterone for very heavy bleeding and clotting that i have been having since my mc in April. i am to take 5mgs 3 times a day for 10 days. I was just wondering if anyone knew if this would act as a contraceptive as i thought it would but i have just been reading online that you can get pregnant and now im a little worried. can any of you ladies help me? x

Yes you can get pregnant whilst taking it! I used it recently and was told categorically not to rely on it as contraception as you can still get pregnant in it. Sorry if thats bad news! :eek:/

thanks for your reply hun. I think i was so poorly when i was at the docs i misunderstood what she said.
i just had 2 miscarriages so want to give my body a rest. I would be happy but would rather wait until after my wedding. i will use protection from now on and just hope i didnt ov. xxxxxx

I got prescribed this for same reason and I thought it acted as a contraceptive but it dosen't its got a smaller amount than the progesterone contraception

sent by my sick arse HTC ;)

thanks hun normally i would say take the morning afteter pill if you dont want to be pregnant but i dont know what that would do to my body as its all over the place. I think its just a case of wait and see. xxx

Just wait and see, do you want to be pregnant again

Yes and no, I have had 2 miscarriages this year and my poor body is all over the place i want give it time. I am also getting married next year and want to be looking my best for it i am dieting at the mo and have lost over 2 stone. it wouldnt be the best time but i would be happy xxxx

I should of read this before I asked the same question on your 2ww thread - doh!!!
xxxxxx

Well hope everything goes okay for you and things turn out the way you want :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back