• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No-one else knows these......

ninjawomble

Reaction score
but these are my fave names...just needed an opinion

For a boy Alexander...OH isnt keen, he wants Harry, but I love the name Alex :roll:

For a girl Laila...the reason I choose this is one of my fave songs of all time is Layla by Clapton... but Id change the spelling to Laila.

What you think?

I really like Alexander also. Not so keen on Alex as I prefer Xander for a shortened version :)

Harry Alexander works better than Alexander Harry if you go for one as a middle name :)

The spelling you have of Layla I'd never know to pronounce as Layla. Having the 'i' in it makes it confusing as it can present a few ways to pronounce it because of the letter 'i' and how its sounded out. I'd stick with Layla tbh. At least people know how to pronounce it and its still unusual.

I'd pronounce Laila as Lie-la fwiw (I know someone called Lai). Or La-isla. Or something :think:

Nope Layla for me if you go with that name :lol:

I like them both and for what it's worth I had no problem understanding Laila :D

I chose "Lai"la coz its the version in the baby book..and looks prettier :oops: :D

Im not keen on the spelling "Lay"la...

I think Laila is the way it should be spelt

Last edited:
I LOVE the name Alexander - if it wasn't already in my family a few times i'd think of using it for a boy or a girl (though Alexandra would be my girl version).

Laila is a cute name, I don't think it would be pronounced wrongly too often but who knows! I prefer that spelling than Layla. xx

True..mind you my names Donna and even that gets pronounced wrong :roll: I get "Dawn" a lot :roll:
Theres always someone thats gonna pronounce a name wrong I suppose lol

I used to think about Layla for a name cause of the song but i think the song is a bit iffy. I would probably have changed it to Laila to.

I do like the name Alex but it reminds me of the only two Alex' that i know and they are complete tits so it would put me of.

What is the plaural for more than one Alex? Alex's, Alex or Alexi?? :think:

I like them both but think you should call your child ninjawomble. It's such a wicked name! :lol:

Awww they are both lovely I like Laila spelt like that too.

My name is Dannii and FWIW, no-one calls me Dan-ee-ee :lol:

I prefer the spelling Laila and I really like Alex too :D xx

Good choice of names. Loving the Laila spelling too..

LMAO :rotfl:

Soz hun but you cracked me up with the whole Eric Clapton thing :lol:
I was named after a persian princess....not a cheesy old song....nobody I went to school with had even heard of it until the last year of highschool when a few clocked on, but now I work with brokers on the phone all day I get it sung to me and "mum a Clapton fan" everything on a regular basis :wall: :lol:

I have the *boring* spelling.....(my personal opinion - don't mean to offend!) :oops:

There is Layla (mine), Leila (German?), Laila (Asain) and also you sometimes get Leyla.

I went through several years between junior and high school spelling it Leila and was tempted to legally change it but never did. Now because I'm married to asain hubby people who've never seen it spelt before often spell it Laila the asain way :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back