Nipple Stimulation.. did you try it?

charlotteheys85

Reaction score
Was going to try sex, but OH wouldnt come anywhere near me lol..

so "the next best thing" lol.. looks like Nipple Stimulation...

Did anyone try it?
did it work?
How long after doing it, did your cotractions start?
how did you do it/how long for etc...

cheers girlies xx

I tried it.

But got bored very quickly. You have to do it for sooooooooooooooooo long, and urgh, it was to much hard work...

I ate a curry before my waters broke, u also walked a fair bit. I went 3 days OD with DS. Saying that, my scan at 7 weeks, told me my due date was the 1st may (his birthday) it was at the 12 weeks scan they pulled me forward 3 days.

Anyway, I was to lazy, but let us know how you get on :lol:

CoreysMummy said:
I tried it.

But got bored very quickly. You have to do it for sooooooooooooooooo long, and urgh, it was to much hard work...

I ate a curry before my waters broke, u also walked a fair bit. I went 3 days OD with DS. Saying that, my scan at 7 weeks, told me my due date was the 1st may (his birthday) it was at the 12 weeks scan they pulled me forward 3 days.

Anyway, I was to lazy, but let us know how you get on :lol:

eating curry, hmmm i love curry.. doesnt it have to be spicy tho? i prefer korma's hehe..

i cant see why you'd get bored, it doesnt exactly feel good lol if anything it hurts.. :roll: :oops: xx

I think nipple stimulation stimulates oxytocin, the labour hormone. it's a great way to help with labour, as is orgasm (also stimulates oxytocin) but if your cervix isn't ripe, there are some other options you can try..

1)sex (could be fun even if it doesnt work!)
2)Acupuncture (ouch, why am I imaging a pin head baby popping out?!)
3)Evening Primrose Oil (Dunno what this tastes like or even if its to be drunk?)
4) Castor Oil (highly vile and makes you er poo a lot!)
5) Spicy Food / Curry (nope korma is for wimps! try madras or jalfrezi!)
6)Raspberry Leaf (ewww just ewww!)

the things we do to bring it on then when its out ..I miss me bump is all thats heard!!!!!

baby-storm said:
I think nipple stimulation stimulates oxytocin, the labour hormone. it's a great way to help with labour, as is orgasm (also stimulates oxytocin) but if your cervix isn't ripe, there are some other options you can try..

1)sex (could be fun even if it doesnt work!)
2)Acupuncture (ouch, why am I imaging a pin head baby popping out?!)
3)Evening Primrose Oil (Dunno what this tastes like or even if its to be drunk?)
4) Castor Oil (highly vile and makes you er poo a lot!)
5) Spicy Food / Curry (nope korma is for wimps! try madras or jalfrezi!)
6)Raspberry Leaf (ewww just ewww!)

the things we do to bring it on then when its out ..I miss me bump is all thats heard!!!!!

hey hun thats for reply to this, i'm going to get trying some things hehe..

i'm having irrelgular tightenings, and losing my plug each day slowly.. i'm so impatient hehe xxx

I tried it but got bored and found it didn't work, I also tried curry, lots of walking and running up and down the stairs but I don't think it worked for me. I went 8 days over and was in slow labour but truly beleive labour will be iminent when your body and baby is ready and don't think anything you do will speed it up. I can understand how frustrated you must be though hun, I hated the waiting, it was awful and made me VERY moody! Hope something happens for you soon :hug: :hug:

lauranjamesnbaby said:
I tried it but got bored and found it didn't work, I also tried curry, lots of walking and running up and down the stairs but I don't think it worked for me. I went 8 days over and was in slow labour but truly beleive labour will be iminent when your body and baby is ready and don't think anything you do will speed it up. I can understand how frustrated you must be though hun, I hated the waiting, it was awful and made me VERY moody! Hope something happens for you soon :hug: :hug:

your lil girl is sooo gorgeous!!

thanks for reply hun, i shudnt really try things, i'm not over due.. but think if i try things now it might prevent me going over due.. hehe.. but like you said, he'll come when hes ready, i believe that too :)
xxx

Hey Hun.

Pineapple did the trick for me, Waters broke 5 hours after eating it :dance:

Hope your babba comes soon :hug: :hug:

laura-82 said:
Hey Hun.

Pineapple did the trick for me, Waters broke 5 hours after eating it :dance:

Hope your babba comes soon :hug: :hug:

how much did u eat hehe.. hopw far along were you? xx

It did nothing at all for me.

Try an evening primrose capsule up 'there' before bed, it contains protoglandins, these are in spermies and what is supposed to soften the cervix so an EPO capsule is the next best thing. My waters broke the day after doing this but I'd also had a curry and walked a lot too.

Alex xxx

ASD123456 said:
It did nothing at all for me.

Try an evening primrose capsule up 'there' before bed, it contains protoglandins, these are in spermies and what is supposed to soften the cervix so an EPO capsule is the next best thing. My waters broke the day after doing this but I'd also had a curry and walked a lot too.

Alex xxx
thanks hun, i do use EPO capsual. wel once and it felt wierd (oil disharge after) so didnt again, but i'm going to pop one in each nite from now on lol xx

Only chopped abit up that night, had about 5 chunks.

Waters broke early hours, didn't get really regular painful contractions until the next mornin (early hours) & had Freya at 09:25

Thurs night ate pineapple

Fri early hours waters broke

Sat early hours proper labour

sat 09:25 - Freya born.

Anythings worht a try hun.

Good luck :hug: :hug: :hug:

Tried and it didn't work for me......Nothing did. Had to be induced. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics