• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

next stage carseat? help!

Dee1985

Reaction score
Harley seems so squashed in his rear facing car seat now and crys when ever he is in it. i was cleaning the car today and sat him in Diors seat he loved it and was having a good nose about.

iv just been looking at the ages ect and the front facing ones say
suitable for babies and toddlers from approx 9 months to 4 years, 9 - 18kg (20-40lbs).

Harley is Nearly 6months but weighs just over 20lbs, so can he have the bigger seat now?????

but he is not sitting unaided yet?

Hiya hun i am gonna get Jack this one
Clicky
it's from birth -4yrs and reclines so would be perfect for Harley i think

The car seats are more on weight than age. You cannot put even an 11month old baby in a next size car seat if they are less than 20lb, if they don't have the wight they will nto be able to take the impact force.

Harl needs to be able to sit up unaided, hold his head fine and without support AND be 20lb to go in a next size car seat babe. Damien went into one at about 8 months. He sat up at 7.5 months and hit 20lb about then too, might have been just after 8 months. Don't ask when he held his head up completely unsupported at all times :lol:

Hope that helps babe.

But as the girls have said, what about a birth - 4 one? Although I know you like the Maxi Cosy Priory like me, they are really nice car seats, and apparently the safest ones about at the moment???

Just looked at Kiddicare and it reminded me, the Britax SI one is a popular one too, especially for babies that were preemie and grow out of their old car seats length ways before weight wise.

They also have to be rear facing till 20lb's by the way, they can't go in one of these and be forward facing even though they are from birth. They still have to do all the same things in them as they do with a 9month plus car seat (be 20lb's, sit up and hold head)

I really want to get the same one Dior has though and have them both matching Maxi Cosy Priory they are great.

Harley cannot sit alone but he can fully hold his head now? sits in his bumbo for aes ect?
does that make a difference?

If he can't sit unaided I wouldn't risk it. If you had a crash he would suffer severe spinal injuries :(

il just have to wait till he can sit unaided then. i supose quashed and uncomfy is better then unsafe :D

He needs to sit as it shows he has the correct lumber (back) support and is strong enough if you should have a collision. It's up to you at the end of the day, but I wouldn't risk it mate.

Maybe go into the shop and ask if there is an alternative? If not, you'll just have to wait till he sits up babe x

Hiya hun, i just got Jacks new seat today and it's lovely for a cheaper one (til we can upgrade lol)
It is larger but can be back facing as well :D

Hey girls...

Yes I'm still here, thought busy as hell!

Naomi grew out of her Evolution seat very quickly, like Sami said she grew lengthwise rather than width wise. However, she was still very light to go facing forwards, I didn't think her little shoulders would hold her if anything happened.
I bought a Britax SI, and while it's quite narrow and deep, it's much more comfy than the old one, and is birth-4 and rear facing. I don't think she'll fit in it at 4, though, she seems to be filling it at 10 months! She is facing forwards though.

Gotta go someone at the door.

Sue

We bought the next stage car seat today from Babies R Us. Its the Maxi Cost toby black reflection one and Jamie loves it & is so much more comfortable in it.

Rebecca was in the 2nd stage carseat from 6.5 months, she wasn't 20lbs but she was that long her legs were half way up the actual back seat (she was rear facing)

So we went to Mothercare and they said we needed the bigger seat but to keep it rear facing until her neck was strong enough to sustain a hefty jerk.. :wink:

Hi

We went through this as well when Kiara was 6 months old i was reading her car seat and she seemed too long for it and aparently she was too tall for it when she was only 3 months old, so Bernies aunt got us a 3 in 1 car seat its great she is still rear facing, shes only 19 pounds and says i think 23 pounds till she can face forward so a whiel yet.
Hope you find somthing that works for him
Katrinaxx

Hi we had the same problem The main think is that they can sit unaided more than age.

Rileys straps were half way done his back but his head was only just higher than the back and this was fine! if there head is not supported by the back of the seat then change, don't worry so much about weight We swopped at 8months but he is tall!

Ask health visitor if need advive they are normally good so is Halfords for advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back