New 38 week mum-to-be

Sylvie

Reaction score
Hello everyone :wave:
I've been reading you for a good few months, which has always been very helpful for me, and I've finally decided to register now that I've got less than two weeks left!
I live in Birmingham. I'm French and my partner is English so baby will have the chance to speak two languages,,, We're expecting a baby boy who will be called Louis (easy to say for both families).
These last few weeks are rather long (as other mums-to-be from the third trimester may know!),,, some days I feel quite confident and some days I just feel terror at the idea of giving birth :shock:
Will talk to you soon when I have some stupid questions coming to my mind :wink:

Yay! :hug: someone with the same due date as me!
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Hi :wave:

I only decided to join in the fun today too! Not long to go for you, you lucky thing! :cheer:

Welcome :wave:

Love the name Louis, its on my list for boys name but not sure on which spelling to go with French or English.

Hope the next few weeks have some activity for you

:cheer:

hello

not long for you now, I love the name Sylvie by the way...was considering it for my little girl
x

Hello Sylvie and mini-Louis :wave:

Good to see you here and I think at 38 weeks you might JUST have snuck onto the 'who's left at term?' list! Inforabumpyride will be jealous :rotfl:

Have you had a good pregnancy so far?

debecca said:

Good to see you here and I think at 38 weeks you might JUST have snuck onto the 'who's left at term?' list! Inforabumpyride will be jealous :rotfl:

quote]

Ha ha :rotfl:
Yes so far I think I've been quite lucky: no morning sickness, no BIG problems... was diagnosed with SPD while I was still working (standing up all day as a teacher in secondary schools) but it got better as soon as I managed to stay home,,, bad backache since a few weeks, but a nice warm bath and I'm feeling better :D
Tonight I keep complaining because my tummy feels so stretched that I feel like a ball about to burst and every single movement baby makes seems amplified by 100% :evil: But I guess it's normal at 38 weeks,,,
And I should add: no B-H contractions!

debecca said:

:shakehead: I'm not jealous because I was allowed on... in the end... :rotfl:

Sylvie said:
debecca said:

quote]

Ha ha :rotfl:
Yes so far I think I've been quite lucky: no morning sickness, no BIG problems... was diagnosed with SPD while I was still working (standing up all day as a teacher in secondary schools) but it got better as soon as I managed to stay home,,, bad backache since a few weeks, but a nice warm bath and I'm feeling better :D
Tonight I keep complaining because my tummy feels so stretched that I feel like a ball about to burst and every single movement baby makes seems amplified by 100% :evil: But I guess it's normal at 38 weeks,,,
And I should add: no B-H contractions!

Ooh another teacher! Woohoo! Do you teach MFL by any chance being French?! I've heard it's one of the most difficult subjects to teach in terms of planning and resources so I don't envy you.

I'm a Maths teacher.

There seem to be loads of us on here!!

Are you also on the TES forums? There's a thread on Personal on there called the Marvellous Maternity Department which is also great!

:hug:

debecca said:
Ooh another teacher! Woohoo! Do you teach MFL by any chance being French?! I've heard it's one of the most difficult subjects to teach in terms of planning and resources so I don't envy you.

Hi dear colleague :wave: Yes I'm teaching French, and a little bit of Spanish. The most common problem is "why do we need to learn other languages? everyone speaks English anyways,,," :wall:
I didn't know there was a maternity forum on the TES website, I'm going to have a look!

And thanks to you all for your warm welcome,,, I should have registered earlier instead of secretly reading you, ha ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back