Nervous about my trip to the Hospital!

Little Rose

Reaction score
Morning - the sleep is hanging from me this morning as we say here in NI. I've tossed and turned in bed since 3am thinking about my trip to hospital this morning. I'm a woose, I know, but I am afraid they will make me stay if my blood pressure has went up since Thursday.

I've been to the hospital when I was 11 weeks for an appointment to get my bloods done etc and I was ok for that, it's the thought of having to stay this time. That's why I need this baby to come on it's own so that i'm in emergency mode. If I know the date I have to turn up to be induced i'll be a wreck by the time it comes around. :cry:

I honestly don't know what to say so have a hug :hugs:

I hope your bp has gone down and you don't have to stay. Is it a fear you have of hospitals or is it just the fact you don't want to stay in?

Im not a great fan of hospitals myself but had to do a stint in them last month and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Hey Pink Panther. I don't actually know what it is i'm really afraid of! I hate germs and associate hospitals with pain, sicknes and death I suppose. I have never suffered "pain", never even had a nose bleed or a sprain so I suppose I am anxious about my pain threshold. Maybe I will be ok. I am going to think only positive things on the drive to the appointment and try to settle myself. I feel better already having typed how I am feling this morning.

It's all in the mind - hopefully my wobble is over. I am going to get showered and dressed now - think I will listen to some good tunes to get me in the zone lol.

That sounds like a great way to start the day. Being positive will help you overcome your fears a little.

Its funny because I associated hospital with death bit have come to the realisation (after having 2 kids) that it can mean life as well.

Your pain threshold may surprise you too. Your body is designed to cope with labour and you will instinctively know what to do and what your limit is.

Good luck, I think you can take Bach rescue remedy to remain calm during pregnancy too.

Hope your blood pressure has gone down. Try not to work yourself up too much! xx

Hey hun,

good luck for today. Your fear is obviously probably because a hospital experience is unknown to you. But your experience won't be the same as another persons if that makes sense? Sounds like you're trying to stay positive. And if you think about it, a maternity hospital is more about life than death?

Hope your BP has come down

x x x x

I'm home!!

BP was grand. They had me linked to a machine that measured the baby's heart beat and movements. Everything is hunky dory. I was jittery when I went in but relaxed as the time went on. The nurses were lovely. My sister came with me so we were chatting and giggling away about this and that.

Now I can relax totally - I'm off to meet my friend for lunch. Starvin' marvin.

Thanks for all the kind words of support guys xxx

Glad to hear all is good :) or grand :lol: I LOVE the Irish!

Have a lovely day

x

Glad it all went well and lovely to hear you being so chirpy afterwards xx

glad to hear you are feeling more relaxed now :good:
Just think, after your hospital experience you will consider them as a place where new life is given and as a place of happiness.
Don't forget, your body was made to have a baby, when you get down to the nitty gritty that's the reason we are here :)
You'll be fine :hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back