Needed: Your views on post ovulation breast tenderness please

Lara_M

Reaction score
Hello - I am new here. And I have been trying to conceive for 7 months now. I have an irregular cycle due to PCOS and I always get severely sore breasts before my period. My doctor once said that sore breasts were confirmation of ovulation.
Anyway, my question to you girls is - how soon after you have ovulated do you personally get sore breasts???? (if at all). The only time I have been able to log a specific pattern was when I managed to catch my LH surge on an OPK and then approximately 48/72 hours after this I started with my sore breasts.
The reason I am going a little crazy this time is because although I managed to completely miss getting a postitive OPK (I was only testing every couple of days) I am now into the sore breast stage but with a few other little symptoms. I am always torn though when I get a BFN on a HPK because I start to think "If I have these sore breasts etc" then surely my Hcg should be high enough to detect?
If my last pattern is anything to go by then I am possibly about 6dpo (baring in mind my sore breasts started on Friday in the form of sore nipples).
I realise this is too early to get a BFP.
My other symptoms were/are severe nausea for two days around the time I ovulated which has now subsided. A number of tiny weeny spots appear on my chest around the time of ovulation. A lower back ache which started in the middle of the night and has continued to drag today. Some stabbing pains in my abdomen over the last two days. Extreme tiredness on Saturday which resulted in a 2.5 hour nap in the DAY time. Unlike me. Medium tiredness today.
The sore breasts are very usual for me with PMT
The nausea was unlike me during ovulation
The lower back ache is something I experience but normally the day before AF
Spots on chest have happened once before after ovulation but resulted in AF

What do you think? My OH is absolutely sick of hearing me go on about this and to be fair to him he has no idea what I am talking about!

L x x x

PS sorry about long rambling message - just thought you could analyse more if you had the full picture

Hey, i get extremely painful boobs every month. This is just after ovulation too so too early to ever be a pg symptom. They are beyond painful - driving over speed bumps hurt!
As for your other symptoms they may be a little early but i am not sure.
I hope you get a BFP soon xx

Thanks for this. Yup - mine can get so tender post ovulation that I want to cry!! Just going to have to wait it out I guess. I was a little silly and did a test already. If I carry on like this I am going to be v poor from wasting money!
x

I understand - i am a little addicted too!! I dont know why i both though as i am convinced i will never get a positive test!!
I bought 25 ovulation stick and 25 pregancy tests off Ebay for about £8!!
I used to buy first reponse as £10 a go! xx

I understand - i am a little addicted too!! I dont know why i both though as i am convinced i will never get a positive test!!
I bought 25 ovulation stick and 25 pregancy tests off Ebay for about £8!!
I used to buy first reponse as £10 a go! xx

So can you get reliable testing sticks from eBay? How do you know for sure what you are buying? Any advice welcome. I just bought another first response two pack for 10 quid too!!! X

I've just ordered 30 opk and 10 hpt's which are apparently nhs ones for just over a fiver. I'm getting them from ebay.

It'll be my first month using the opks but i figured ones that are used in the nhs should be ok.

Last edited:
Thanks, will have a search on eBay before I am bankrupt, poas is actually addictive!!! X

I've been really strong and not poas for 2 months now!! only cos the witch has turned up before i've had a chance!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back