Need Help With A Routine!

MissyRee

Reaction score
Ok so Jacks now 11weeks old but being abit prem his adjusted age makes him 6weeks 2days old.. how do i go about getting into some sort of routine?! Can any1 share what they do/ did with their LO's at this age please, particularly what times they should go to sleep at night/ how often nap in day and how long for? x

We did... 6.30pm ish have bath. 6.45-7pm have bottle. Sometimes a story then bed (in crib in our room). Still the same now though in the early days she still woke regularly for feeds. I think it really helped because even though she was feeding at night she settled back down straight afterwards.

With regards to day naps... she sleeps when she's tired. Which is, erm, almost never :lol:

About the only thing we were doing round that age was the bath and bedtime routine. Other than that I was and still am going with the flow with regards to feeding and sleeping. Outside of meal times LO feeds as and when. He goes to bed at 7pm and we start the bedtime routine from about 6pm.

Daytime I just do whatever as it suits us. If LO starts getting grumpy I pop him down for a nap. If he wants to play, we play. If he is hungry he gets my boob.

I started at 8 weeks but i've gradually gotten the bedtime earlier. At 8 weeks I started the routine at 8pm - so she'd be in bed asleep by 9pm.

Now it's 6:15pm that the routine starts (so in bed asleep by 7:15pm)

We do half hour 'naked-time' bath, book, bed...

:hug:

At 11 wks the only routine we had was bath time which was at 6.30pm, bottle and trying to settle her for bed after the bath. I basically turn down the lights in her room and she has naked time, then bath, bottle and into her moses basket. During the day she roughly had a bottle (I think if I remember correctly) every 4 hrs :think: She napped when she liked during the day but as she got older I started restricting her naps to 2 day. Now she has a nap at 10am for about 30mins and another nap for about 30mins/40mins at 3ish. She is now in a very good routine and goes down well to bed at night. It's def worth establishing a good routine early on as it really helps to establish good habits :D

we were the same as the others.. we started the bath/bed routine from about 6wk... we took her up at 7 with the aim of putting her down for the night at 8. There were some nights where we were pacing the floor for ages and she would always want a feed in the night. Or rule was once she was upstairs at night there was no coming down even if it meant we were up there too.

When she hit about 8wks we had to move her to her own room as she was outgoing her moses. I also swapped the pre-bed feed to a bottle instead of boob with a boob feed when she woke at about 4am. She slept through from 7.30 to about 7am when she was 9ws and has continued to do so (bar the odd occasion/illness etc).

Day routine was a bit different, I fed on demand and she slept when she was tired. She kind of fell into a routine naturally once she started sleeping longer at night. It was only when weaning that put her on set food times and then moved them to fit in with her nursery. Now she has 3 meals, 2 bottles, and 2 naps a day at roughly the same time. I do beleive that putting her in that night routine early meant that she naturally found her own way.

But what works for one doesnt always work for the other, thats just what we did. Good lUck :hug:

Ophelia's now 10wks 3days but she was 3weeks early. We're co-sleeping and she never liked her moses basket, so she doesn't go to bed until I do. She naps frequently but not for long and when she does its in her bouncey chair, she likes to peep a lot and if laid down she gets grumpy as she can't see as much :roll: I go to bed about midnight/1am and Ophelia will usually have a feed before that, then wake for one anytime between 3-4am, then she will sleep until about 9am, but usually is woken by Isaac before then :lol: I don't have any routine, she eats and sleeps when she likes, I just go with it, and now she's more sociable there's a lot more playtime, laughing and chatting etc so I think she's just wearing herself out more. I think there's some good advice above for you and I hope you find a routine that works for you all :hug: With Isaac he didn't have his own bedtime until he was 5months, where we'd put him down in his cot about 7.30pm'ish and he'd usually just wake once and then have a quick BF in the morning and get in bed with us and go back to sleep for another 2hrs or so :)

There is just a few days between our babies, so here is what we do :D From about 3/4 weeks old I started to implement a bedtime routine once we were settled into a feeding schedule and I kinda knew when she would want my attention. I still very much feed on demand, which tends to be around every 3-4 hours during the day, then we have a bath at around 6pm, dressed and bedtime story by 6.30 (more for my 3 year old really, but we all sit together anyway :wink: ) then i put my son to bed at 7pm so this is when i give Eden her bedtime feed as its just the two of us, so its all quiet and calm. Generally she takes about an hour to feed at this time of day as she stocks up a little bit, but is generally in bed asleep by 8pm. She usually sleeps now until about 4 or 5am when she will have a little snack feed then back to sleep until we get up about 7am :dance:

During the day she has about 3 naps, firstly she usually falls asleep during the trip to drop my son at nursery at 9.30 and will sleep for anything between an hour and two on average, then awake for a feed about 11-11.30. The next nap is about 1pm when she will have about an hour then up for another feed about 2pm. Then we go to collect my son from nursery at 3.30 when she generally falls asleep again, this time for 1-2 hours. She usually wakes up in the middle of our tea at about 5pm :roll: She will have a little snack feed again then, and after that we start the bedtime routine at 6pm. It works pretty well for us and she is very settled now, a happy and contented little soul. We have our off days and get disrupted a little by the constant growth spurts but always seem to settle back quite quickly into the same routine x :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back