Nappy Disposal Systems

xx emma xx

Reaction score
Not sure im posing in right section but here goes lol...

Has anyone used the nappy disposal systems and think they are better than using ordinary bin. Im looking at buying the tommee tippee hygeine plus system but have read mixed reviews. Some people saying its great, locks out the smell and others saying its not that good and they need to change the cartridges too often.
If anyone has it or similar make, how many cartridges are you going through a week. I dont want to buy it for it to be too expensive to be constantly buying cartridges. xx

Personally I think they ent that good, we had one and it was a waste of time, we just double wrap the nappies in nappy bags now and cant smell a thing! And theyre only cheap Asda smartprice ones too!!

I have one and I like it, cartridge lasts about a month, it's just convenience really, as it saves me going out to the bin all the time. If I haven't had a chance to get a new cartridge, I just put the nappies in nappy bags n stick them in there too, never had a problem with smell x

I have one and I use a cartridge every 3 weeks. I bought loads before I went on maternity leave while I had the money. It does work really well, no smells in the room and it's so much easier emptying it all in the bin.

Now I'm "poorer" than before I might go for the nappy bag option x

It's half price on mothercare at the moment so might just get it cos I live in an upper cottage flat so it would save me trips to the bin if I used that. How often do you need to empty it? X

i only use it night time changes its in the bedroom and never had any smells from it - i have to change it now and my lo is nearly 6months old!!

Our LO SMELLLS so bad when he poos :lol: We have one and its the best thing ever, I was the same wondering if its worth it but it was on the asda baby event for £4 and we were going to find a bin with a lid anyway. Im so glad we did now. In fact we bought another for at my parents house. If you couldnt be bothered buying another cartridge it works as a bin too.

We go through about a cartridge a month and sometimes the 3 packs are 1/3rd off in tesco so they work out about £8.70ish, so its a few quid per month. When you have those super disgusting gag inducing nappy explosions theres nothing better than making is 'disappear' into the nappy bin :yay:

At the beginning you have to empty it every couple of days cos they go through so many nappies, but now I only really have to do it once a week, still no smell after that long either x

Last edited:
Tiny you have swayed me, I need to buy one now lol.

I am now dreading theses smelly nappies though hahaha xx

youve got a bit of time though, definately wait until an asda or tesco baby event. Theyre hugely discounted then!

I was thinking that, surely there will be another baby event by end of may. Can't go wrong only paying £4 for one. I was going to try wait it out to buy monitor aswel cos I seen one in the last baby event and wish I had bought it now x

yeah they pop up every few months so theres bound to be one soon! Id make a list of the stuff you want and put it in your hospital bag just incase you find yourself in hospital earlier than expected. you can boss everyone around once youre in hospital and make them go shopping :lol:

I have one and would not be withouth it, I think they are fab!!

I have 2 angelcare bins, one upstairs and one downstairs. The actual cartridges last ages but the actual bin fills up within a week or 2. you cut the bottom off the cartridge bag (theres a cutter in the bin) tie it at the bottom and keep using it. If that makes sense? I find it really useful especially for the bedroom and I have 2 babies to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back