My results....

Moomum

Reaction score
had my amnio results yesterday afternoon and wooohoooo - all is clear!!!

We're over the moon!!! :pray: :pray: :dance: :dance: :dance:

YAY!!!!

now you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and look forward to holding your baby in your arms! :hug: :hug:

That is great news babes, I am so pleased for you. xx :D

That is the best news. You must be so relieved. Horrible that you had to go through that stress.
S

great news Moomum, it's such a relief to get the good news xx

Oh thats brilliant news hun :cheer: :hug: I am so pleased for you xxx

Sorry if I sound silly but what is an Amnio?

I am a little out of focus with the med terms, Cypriots use totally different ones that I barely understand as it is :oops:

But congrats...................good luck and welcome to a new found life!

Josephine_Beth said:
Sorry if I sound silly but what is an Amnio?

I am a little out of focus with the med terms, Cypriots use totally different ones that I barely understand as it is :oops:

But congrats...................good luck and welcome to a new found life!

Amniocentesis is performed when you have a higher risk of abnormalities etc. You generally choose whether you want to go ahead with the test because it does carry risks to the baby with possible miscarriage.

Basically, they pass a fine needle down through your abdomen, into your uterus and draw off some of the amniotic fluid. They then send the sample to the lab and it is tested for chromosomal abnormalities such as downs syndrome. The results can take up to 3 weeks.

Hope that helps :)

Thank you for explaining that to me, otherwise I would have never known lol So they can't do that with normal blood tests or is that before 10 weeks?

Congrats to the all clear though xxx

thats fantastic news you must be so relieved and ready to just enjoy your pregnancy :D

Josephine_Beth said:
Thank you for explaining that to me, otherwise I would have never known lol So they can't do that with normal blood tests or is that before 10 weeks?

No flower. They remove the amniotic fluid because it contains the baby's skin cells. This is then cultivated in the lab (hence the waiting time for the results) From this, they can then test for the chromosome abnormalities.

Amnio can be performed FROM 15 weeks.

I hope I've got that right - but feel free to correct me on anything peeps lol :lol:

Moomum said:
Josephine_Beth said:

No flower. They remove the amniotic fluid because it contains the baby's skin cells. This is then cultivated in the lab (hence the waiting time for the results) From this, they can then test for the chromosome abnormalities.

Amnio can be performed FROM 15 weeks.

I hope I've got that right - but feel free to correct me on anything peeps lol :lol:

It must have been a tough decision of whether to have it or not, I often wonder if I'd have it if they thought it was necessary. At least babys well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back