my left boob....

Squiglet

Reaction score
Todays discerning young pallet has decided to shun Chatau de left boobie...opting for the obviously more tasteful Right Boobie Rioja....

In simple terms lil miss prefers right boobie to left boobie. But I have no idea why and its becoming a bit of a problem... :think: For one...she fights and screams and claws at left boobie as if its empty...its not :roll: then she will mess around with the nipple making it very sore...sucking it in and out of her mouth and chomping on it :( it takes an hour and half to feed her on this boob, fighting her all the way, so I have to meticulously plan outings so that she gets fed on right boobie when we are out ....and to top it all right boobie is now getting engorged a lot more and leaking like Niagra falls... with Right boobie its a matter of whopping it out and sticking it in her head...till she passes out and falls off. Although if she has had to be swapped from left boobie to right boobie...she will grumble at right boobie for a while telling it what an evil boobie left boobie is :roll:

I've tried expressing from left boobie before, after and in between feeds to no avail, she still hates it...she has a real grudge against it... I don't notice any difference between boobs except that right boobie is now bigger 8) ...

Does anyone elses LO have boob preference? And what did you do to sort it out :think: and did you find out why? or is it just lil miss being a lil miss?

baby smile is fickle and keeps changing his allegiance! initially rubbish at feeding from RB then was his fave and currently preferring LB again! I can't figure it out!

left boob all the way...... will feed off the right one eventually but only after the life force has been drained from the left and even then i she doesnt believe lefty is empty, i've put her back there to prove it!!

Sorry hun I haven't a clue, but your post made me laugh so much I had a major coughing fit! :rotfl:

Connor really plays and chomps on my right boob whenever i offer it, seems that left boob seems to be the Real Mc Coy!!!!! Now have two totally different size boobies.. if you find a solution pls let me know. :wink:

Lola's fave is also the right boobie although when she was younger it was the left boobie :?

It's very strange how they have a fave i would have thought the milk would taste the same from both sides :think:

Ryan prefers left but I think it's because that's the side I feel more comfortable holding him - are you holding serena a different way for each side?

Otherwise, offer her the side she doesn't want when she's most hungry - it sounds harsh but I did it with Ryan, and gave him the option of that boob or no food, and he soon learnt to just accept his food wherever it comes from. LOL im not cruel honestly, but think it just needs a bit of asserting who's the boss them or you :)

try rugby ball hold they seem to think they are on the other boob

Very normal Oli was the same.

Try this hold, it makes them think they are on the side they like.

ei_0005.gif

:hug:

Very normal Oli was the same.

Try this hold, it makes them think they are on the side they like.

ei_0005.gif

:hug:

I didn't realise this was common, my DD will have milk from either boob, no problem.

I hope it gets better for you soon Squiglet.

Valentine Xxx

I didn't realise this was common, my DD will have milk from either boob, no problem.

I hope it gets better for you soon Squiglet.

Valentine Xxx

Harrison prefers right boob too and he thumps left boob :roll: He'll only feed from the rugby ball hold too

I have just finished reading Clare Byam-Cooks, 'what to expect when youre breastfeeding and what if you cant?' she brings up this subject and it seems that soemtimes it can be sorted by seeing a cranial osteopath, sometimes when babies are born the crook their neck or put their atlas or axis in the neck out, might be worth a go?

Harriet prefers left boobie, and will only have right boob in rugby ball hold

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back