My first week without James

muppetmummy

Reaction score
James is going to Buckinghamshire tomorrow with his gran (MIL) to stay with OHs' brother for a week (8 days!).
I am really regretting saying he could go. I'm being selfish really as I'm sure he'll enjoy it, it's just that I'll miss him. It's such a long time and seems such a long way away. The longest I've been away from him up to now is 2 nights when OH and I went to a wedding last summer. He's going on a plane and I keep thinking horrible things, like what if the plane crashes :(
MIL is also really strict and anal about things (making him wear plastic bags on his feet in the car after a walk so his feet dont get her car dirty for example :roll: ) She is totally like Hyacinth Bucket, I don't like the idea of her looking after James for a week. I won't let her look after logie cos she'd probably leave him crying and give him baby rice.
I really wish I'd said no now, MIL has booked tickets so it's too late to change my mind and OH wants him to go.

Aww sweetie, I can imagine how you feel :hug:

I'm sure everything will be fine though and James will probably have a fab time. I would hate it if Jamie was ever gonna be going away for that amount of time without me cos even though he drives me insane I would miss him so much.

I think the way you are feeling is only natural though but look on the bright side James gets to have a good time, you get a bit of a break, and imagine the cuddles you will get when he comes home :hug:

I'm sure James will have the time of his life while you sit at home twiddling your thumbs...... its just us mums that worry way to much.

Harrison has just come back from a weekend camping with my sister, and i think its normal to sit and think bad things when they arn't with you and in clear view. I did this all weekend until my OH went mad and told me off.......lol. Remember it takes a phonecall to see if he is ok or not.

Just think of everything you can get done in a week :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks girls :hug: :hug: :hug: He'll be up in the sky now and I'm down here crying :oops: It feels weird knowing my baby is in the sky without me. I'm sure he'll have a great time though.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

He will have a fab time but he will still miss you too :hug:

I'm feeling better now. MIL phoned a while ago to say they've arrived. Its really weird being just me , OH and a baby again. Feels like 5 years ago. It's so quiet, it's surprising how much James makes the house feel alive :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back