My best and worst buys

Amanda

Reaction score
As Charlie is now 2 months old, I thought I'd share with you what I find invaluable, and what was a waste of money.

The best - The Tommee Tippee nappy wrapper. I bought it on offer at £15, and it is a god-send! It's so simple to use, it can be done easily with one hand, and there is no smell at all. It means I can store it in the kitchen as this is the only place I have room in this tiny flat. I never thought I would have a store of a few days supply of dirty nappies in my kitchen!! :lol: I put a Bounce sheet in the bottom when I empty it, then it smells even nicer! :lol:

The worst - The baby bath. I don't have a bath, only a shower, and it takes ages to fill with the shower head. Then back-breaking to carry it into the living room. I always spilt water everywhere :roll: . Then my knees would hurt from kneeling on the floor bathing Charlie. Didn't help with the c section either. After my hv turned up mid-bathtime, I took her advise, and now Charlie goes in the kitchen sink! :rotfl: It takes 2 secs to fill, it's waist height, and I only have to pull the plug to empty it, and not carry it back to the bathroom to empty. :rotfl:

I thought of doing this once.....

My best buy... triangle feeding pillow saves loads of arm ache when feeding and baby grow bag... he really seem to realise it is bed time when he has it on.

Worst buy .... top and tail bowl, NEVER used it haha. and mobile for the cot, never used it either as Ellis thinks its a toy and will not sleep when he can see it.

I do use my baby bath though it saves filling up the whole bath if you have one.

xxxxxx

my best buys... bibs grow bag and playnest. bath support baby changing station

worst buy... baby bath, just just used my normal bath, cot mobile

but im different Keely i always use my top and tail bowl. how do you wash Ellis?

I bath him every night so I dont really wash him :?

when do you use it??

xxxx

Best Buy....Fisher Price Flask with cup for warming bottles, so much easier than trying to lug a big flask and seperate cup everywhere/Bath cradle so we didnt have to balance Charlie in the bath and now upgraded to a bath seat/Linkadoo toddler rocker baby seat cos Charlie loved his bouncer but outgrew oit too quickly.

Worst Buy.....Avent bottle warmer, what a waste of time and energy, took way too long to warm the bottle by which time Charlie was screaming.

Tankett...excellent tip about using Bounce in the nappy wrapper, will get some tomorrow. Have stopped buying the cartridges and use a scented bin liner which is just as good but cheaper.

Best buy - muslin cloths! very handy with a refluxer.

Worst buy? The top and tail bowl, a standard tupperware did the same job, but MIL bought it so I won't complain. I'm sure there are other thing never used aswell. Oh yeah, the crib, Damien wouldn't sleep in it :lol:

Best buy - vibrating rocker chair with detachable playtoys to get Jamie to nod off for a nap or entertain him when i need to do something and sleeping bag cos he always kicked his damn blankies off before

worst buy - top and tail bowl cos he likes gettin in the big boy bath! o and my breastpump, only used it twice :?

Keely said:
I bath him every night so I dont really wash him :?

when do you use it??

xxxx

in the mornings when i wash them i use my bowl. flannel in one end water in the other end

My best buys were - Grobags/ Tomy light show thing for the cot/ playnest / cuddle robes

Worst buys - top 'n'tail bowl/ baby bath/ support thing for the big bath.

Best buys- Steam sterliser so easy to use! Bouncy chair and Gro bags!

Worst buys- Top and tail bowl I just use a water jug loads easier! Think that was about it, used everything else.

When I had DD a long long time ago I found bottle warmers useless, prefered the old fashionned way and I still have a working Feverscan, cost about 2.99 back then and its been marvellous :)

Best buys - hand breast pump, grobag and bouncy chair.

Worst buys - Nappie Wrapper (great idea but refills are too expensive, so I just use it as a bin now with tesco's value bin liners).

mdsremos said:
Best Buy....Fisher Price Flask with cup for warming bottles, so much easier than trying to lug a big flask and seperate cup everywhere/Bath cradle so we didnt have to balance Charlie in the bath and now upgraded to a bath seat

Worst Buy.....Avent bottle warmer, what a waste of time and energy, took way too long to warm the bottle by which time Charlie was screaming.

Mins is exactly the same. The flask is fantastic and the bath support is so much easier than trying to hold a slippery baby! The bottle warmer was crap and took ages to heat up and then over heated the bottle!

Tan x

Best buy, inflatable sleeping nest, door bouncer, bouncing chair.
Worst buys..... don't think I've got any. :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back