Muslin Squares

First Baby White

Reaction score
Hi All,
Hope you well??
I dont know if I am being stupid but I have heard people talk about muslin squares and I have even bought some as people have them on there list of things to buy but I have no idea what they are for?? :?

Can anyone shed any light?? Sorry if I am being really stupid!!! :|

I think they become a bit of a useful thing for all kinds of reasons but i think that (well in my family anyway) they are predominantly used to put over your shoulder to catch any sick etc while you are winding your baby . But they are also used to preserve some dignity if breast feeding and a a general mopping cloth during the day.

My S-i-L who has just had a baby as advised me to buy around 20 as they get used all the time!

Hope thats of some help to you!! :?

LMP x

There was a thread on this in ask a mum not long ago, listing all the things they were useful for. I had no idea what they were for until I read that. I will try and find it for you.

I use them for everything when babies are small. Mostly keep one over my shoulder at all times when caring for a baby. Saves on wearing only oatmeal coloured tops :lol:

I bought a large pack, something like 14 or 15 in it. I recall getting through a few a day, especially if a baby was on formula. Found them to be more sicky babies over breast milk fed ones for some reasons.

Buy them they're great, mainly for face wiping in Isaac's case, he was never a sicky baby and never wore bibs until the mega drool started with teething, but now they're great for drool, bits of food, covering his face with (some babies love their face being covered over, supposedly a breastfed thing, Isaac was breast and formula). Anyways, you will find MANY uses for them once your LO arrives :D :hug:

I bought some and didn't find them very useful as my son had reflux and was sick all the time. Muslin squares were just too thin to be of any use for me. So we had to resort to using tea towels in the end for over the shoulder. Served the same purpose but were thicker so able to protect our clothes a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back