Mums who are breastfeeding

Pickledonions

Reaction score
I have a drs appointment for Joshua today hes been really unsettled. Im at my wits end as hes suddenly refusing to take a bottle. Ive been combi feeding since around 4 weeks and hes 12 weeks now. The only way he will take a bottle is if I trick him by breastfeeding him first. I do not want to go back to exclusivly bf it wasnt for me but Im just confsed. I knw ebf babies can reject a bottle but never heard of this happening. :shock: Sorry for the double post its in ask a mum too I wasnt sure where it would get the most views

I have heard of this. Obviously he prefers feeding cuddled up to his mummy. Not sure what to suggest as my LO won't take a bottle end of! Have u tried a cup?

Have you tried distracting him, holding him and walking up and down the room and putting the teat in his mouth with no milk flowing, until he starts taking it himself? Vince was quite annoyed when we just shoved the bottle in, he wanted to take it in his own time. Not sure it'll work for you, just trying to think of anything which might help :hug:

My son rejected bottles, I could never express much but did what I could and OH would take him of an evening so I could sleep... when I tried to stop BFing at 4 months he rejected bottles completely so I continued to BF him until he was 1 years old. Now he has growing up milk in a cup!

Thanks guys hes taking them fine gain now. Dr said he wasnt poorly but maybe he just felt under the weather and needed to be close to mummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back