Moved house! Now to decorate..

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
Finally got my new house, And Oh My God its bigger than I remember it, Im lost in here by myself!

My bedroom is already been wallpapered, (lilac cream and purple colours.. really gentle and warm) And the floorboards in there are varnished YAY!

Painted the living room walls "Magnolia" yesterday. Painting the floorboards in there today, Doing them a bright white then having a black rug over it, And will match that to the furniture, So Black TV Unit, And either a black couch with white cushions, or a white couch with black cushions (depending what they have at the charity shop.. yes im poor lol)

The kitchen and bathroom are fine, brand new, just need to get appliances into the kitchen (Im living off a coffee maker LOL)

So all thats left is the spare room (babys room when its older (Co sleeping here!) which is a total blank canvas. And the hallway.. Its a VERY long straight hallway (there are three rugs along it lol) Anyway I need to try and get a good colour for that wall, i dont want anything as bland as magnolia (Ew, It works in the living room because of the contrast with black, but we cant do that in the hall aswell) And not sure what to do with the floor.. No other room is going to have carpet to it would look weird to carpet the hall, But we cant have three mismatched rugs! (Currently a grey/black/white one, which i have to keep as it was a housewarming gift! a red one.. which I have to keep cause its the only thing the cat will scratch and i dont want him after my nice rugs... And then a lil blue one. )

Thoughts? Ideas ? xD

All sounds lovely so far! :)

I have no ideas sorry, im so bad at anything like this :oooo:

Can't you leave the walls plain and put bright pics/ canvas prints on them? You could even do them yourself with bright coloured paint that match your rugs!!!

I can't wait to move to get sorting my place as i don't have much to do but i have pics i want to put up that OH hasn't let me put up here!!!

I'm sticking to neutral for the babies room for now and then will decorate when we know what baby is/ what baby will be into when toddler age and from when baby is here we will accessorise with colours until then!!!

Oh that is a fantastic idea tinkerbell!

Hmm maybe goto ikea and get a really long canvas on a frame (I know they do lil ones, I hope they do big ones) and do splashes of colour.. Hmmm YES!!!

*Brain overloads*

You can get some GREAT wall stickers too. I'm doing this when we move to a bigger house! I must have plain walls :yay:

hehe you should have seen me with this place - i am soooo gutted to be leaving my lovely wallpaper - but thankfully i have nearly a roll left so am going to cover a big canvas in the wallpaper and put it on the wall in our new house!!!

Also if you go to places like b&q you can pic up cheap tester pots that will prob be the right amount of paint for what you need!!! You could do a nice drizzle effect on the canvas with different colours and put 3 in a row next to them!!!

Ooh you got me all excited now!! Also when you move you can take the stuff with you and use it in your next place!!!!

have you a B&M or £stretcher cos canvases are MUCH cheaper there than ikea if your on a budget... u cud laminate your hall it wouldnt be too expensive of its long and thin?? i def would stick to magnolia in hall because when bubs is here and in walker or walking amd messes up walls you can touch up magnolia a lot easier than coloured walls?? and it would make hall look bigger?? you could even change it in a year or two when ur in a while and know what u really want?? xx u cud paint one wall in your living room a bold colour if everything s gonna be black and white?? or paper it with the black and white and silver paper u can get?? or maybe paint it a dark red??? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back