Moses Baskets

littlemuffin

Reaction score
This is probably a question for the girls that are a little bit more along than me.

Are you going to have a moses basket. And if so, what do you really use it for?

I can understand that you have it in the bed next to you, but don't you put the baby in a cot?

Thanks

Kate

Good question, I came home to find my mum had dropped off a moses basket and I'm not quite sure what it's for - aside from looking cute.... Will be interested to find out, don't want to admit I don't know :lol:

I used it for the first few months to put LO in at night time. I used the carry cot from the pushchair to put her in downstairs.

Generally you wont use the cot straight away as its so big and doesn't keep the heat in whereas the moses basket is quite small so your LO will feel snug and it keeps the heat in nicely. Not everyone uses them though but I found mine really useful.

I used a Moses basket as Ella's bed for the first 16 weeks - initially in our room and then in her own in the cot before she outgrew it and we put her in the cot itself xx

I've decided to get a travel cot with basinet instead of a moses basket. Some of my friends babies have gotten big so quicky that they've been out of the moses basket in weeks rather than months. This way after bubs is out of the basinet I still have a travel cot I can use.

You can get different gadgets to put in the cot so baby feels snug and do without Moses basket if you wanted. Lots of people use them though, they just outgrow them really quickly!

I will be using one for lo sleeping downstairs in the day and evening and in our room next to the bed in the night. Our cot doesn't fit in our bedroom so once baby moves over to the cot he/she will be in their own room.

i'm planning on having the moses basket in the lounge so i can carry him around as i potter about the house. we've got a crib to be set up in our bedroom which he'll sleep in at night and the main cot in the nursery for when he's ready to sleep in his own room. I think having both a moses basket and crib is a bit ott but i read that some babies don't take to them very well and wanted to have all my bases covered :p

I always used a moses basket mostly for when baby was asleep downstairs.

i have a crib for downstairs, and a moses basket for my room,
then when baby outgrows the moses basket he'll go in his own room in the cot!
hopfully ;) xx

I couldn't find any moses baskets with sturdy a sturdy base so I got a crib for our bedroom at night and will use the carry cot that came with the pram for day time sleeps downstairs.

I heard that cot use in newborns can increase the risk of SIDS. I don't know if this is still true, but being an overly paranoid person, I am not taking any chances.

I'll be using a crib in my room next to bed, Moses basket downstairs in the living room & then his cot bed will be in his room for when he is big enough & outgrown the crib & Moses basket xxx

We have a cot in the boys bedroom. But Baby won't be sleeping in there till he's sleeping through as don't want him to wake our son who's 6. So we also have a swinging crib in our bedroom for him until he's ready to sleep through!

QWe also have a moses basket & stand that we will be keeping downstairs purely for the fact he has somewhere to nap while he's small whilst I do housework & I know the PUG cannot go annoy him for masses of attention! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back