• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

moses basket or cot

pixie17

Reaction score
Just wondering if any mums put their newborn stright into the cot as opposed to a Moses basket? Were they ok?

No I didnt my little boy went into a moses basket in our room but didnt sleep well in it at all. We put him in his big cot in his own roon at 2months and it was the best thing we ever did but we had a monitor where I could see him too. He has slept well since, he is 10months and does 7pm till 7.30am. I do bath, bottle, bed every night at the same time. If your thinking of putting baby in cot straight away you cant use dreampods until they are 10lb in weight I dont think so you would have to put baby at the bottom of the cot with a blanket over, but I would still be worried baby wriggled under blanket. If your sleeping in the same room I would say do it. x

We went for smth in the middle - a crib :) it's not as big as a cot, but should last longer than a Moses basket! Looks cute!

Or we could use a pushchair cot instead of Moses basket - we have a mamas&papas ultima, it comes with a special base that the cot can be put on.

We went for the full size cot straight away. She didn't want to sleep in it for the first two weeks as she wouldn't sleep away from us for the first week and was a bit poorly with the antibiotics that I had to take for the second (so she wouldn't sleep unless she could feel me next to her). Now though at 3 weeks she's fine sleeping in it, especially after I lined it with a soft blanket :)

Last edited:
I used a Moses basket first, but then Matthew was a tiny baby so lasted quite a while!
XxX

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

I used a moses basket until Tegan was 4 and a bit months then she went into her cot, im sure a baby would be fine to go straight into a cot but a moses basket/crib seems more cosy! x

we put cam into a cradle first but that was down to being in a 1 bed flat with no space! Next one will be going straight into a cot xx

I had two Moses baskets lol! One for upstairs and one for downstairs! LO went into his proper cot at 10 weeks old x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back