Morning feed, bringing it later? Help pls?

happy-chick

Reaction score
Right i'm DEFINATELY NOT complaining here as Ellie sleeps like an angel and has for a while now but I would like to slightly change her routine if I can...

She has her bedtime breastfeed at around 7:30 then is in bed by 8-8:30. She wakes up at around 7am and comes in bed with me for her morning breastfeed, she then goes back in her cot and goes back to sleep until 9-9:30 sometimes later! :dance: Whats the problem I hear you ask :lol:

Well I would like to gradually bring the 7am feed later so that she wakes later, has morning breastfeed then we get up rather than her still being tired and going back to bed. Has anyone got any tips on how to achieve this without causing too much upset and throwing her routine out?

Thanks x :D

Have you tried just keeping her awake? When E wakes at 7am we get up and start our day then...

Sorry if you've already tried but thats the only thing I can think of :think: :think:

:hug: :hug:

Mmnn not sure you will be able to get her to sleep later tbh. Waking at 7am is a normal and natural waking time for a baby, and she's hungry so will wake for milk. What would happen if you didn't put her back to bed after the first feed? Could you just get her up and start the day without the nap?

Only other thing I can suggest is trying to get her to sleep a little earlier in the evening. Could you get her to sleep by 7-7.30pm? Maybe that would have a knock on effect to her natural morning waking time.

Sorry, probably not much help.

No i've tried getting her up at that time but she just cries cos shes still really tired and ends up back in bed half an hour later anyway... tried bedtime earlier but she still wakes/ sleeps in until the same time. No worries i'm happy as things are anyway :D Thanks for replying girls x

If you want to start the day earlier, then why not put her in her cot after the morning feed rather than both of you napping in your bed? You can then get up and have some much needed time to yourself! :D

sunnyday said:
If you want to start the day earlier, then why not put her in her cot after the morning feed rather than both of you napping in your bed? You can then get up and have some much needed time to yourself! :D

Yeh she already goes in her cot after breastfeed and goes back to sleep, its wayyy too tempting to go back to sleep in my own bed too though :lol: i'm definately NOT a morning person lol x

hmmmmmm not sure! But may I say Im sooooooooooooooooo jealous, Ive got insomnia at the moment so getting about 3 hours sleep a night so by the time I want to sleep on, Ruby is up!!! :cry:

The only thing I can suggest is maybe not BF her first thing and try her with breakfast first then follow that on with a BF and see what shes like after that.

Good Luck x

maria1976 said:
hmmmmmm not sure! But may I say Im sooooooooooooooooo jealous, Ive got insomnia at the moment so getting about 3 hours sleep a night so by the time I want to sleep on, Ruby is up!!! :cry:

The only thing I can suggest is maybe not BF her first thing and try her with breakfast first then follow that on with a BF and see what shes like after that.

Good Luck x

Oh no I really do feel for u, I used to suffer from insomnia and its horrible :( :hug:

We've tried the breakfast first (me giving/hubby giving) and then breastfeed later but she's sooo cranky & tired that its a nightmare! She kicks of BIGTIME if im around and dont breastfeed her as soon as she wakes lol little monkey loves her morning boobie :lol: x

I know what you mean about the morning boobie :cheer: well I think in that case your stuffed :lol: its either her way or the highway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back