Midwife training - annoyed!!!!

lisanat

Reaction score
I'm just a bit confused. My SIL is a trained nurse and wants to go into midwifery so rang up the local university to find out about training. She can't apparently the NHS has pulled all funding for these courses so they cant run the course.Apparently this is nationwide. how are we meant to get care from birth centres that are apparently shutting because of shortages of midwifes when they wont pay to train them.

I know this is why our local birthing centre got closed. Its just really annoyed me so I just had to have a moan. also does anyone know if she could do 'on the job training' so to speak.

thanks
xx

sorry if its in the wrong forum I just had to moan!!
xx

Hiya

I am a trained nurse and must live in your area - Southampton? I know they are closing Romsey Birthing Centre.

I know they have pulled the training in this area and there is presently no way of doing on the job training unless you actually go on the midwifery course. You can do a post grad course but I think only Bournemouth are doing this at the moment and Southampton are trying to discourage it. A lot of people I know went into nursing to lead into midwifery but they will all have to start from scratch if they really want to do it in this area from now on :roll:

Yep you guessed right i'mnear southampton. my sil asked about the 3 year course but they said she may not get the funding for it as she already had it to become a qualified nurse. theyve taken her name down as theyve got a list of people whove enquired about it. I feel bad for her cause she really wants to do it.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back