• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Midwife appointment :-)

mum2b410

Reaction score
Hello Ladies!

Just wanted to share that I had my 2nd midwife appointment yesterday (at 18 weeks, it was a bit late and considering I hadn't seen her since 6 weeks felt like a lifetime!) but am pleased to say all went well! :)

We heard LO's heartbeat, really did sound like a choo choo train (like others have said)! OH was there and was happy he heard it too! My BP and urine were fine but hospital hadn't sent through some of my blood results so MW is going to ring them today. Of the results they had sent all was fine and MW felt my tummy and said everything was as it should be! :)

Am going back in 4 weeks time to get my MATB1 and then I can get my mat leave application into work. I have quite a physical job so MW suggested I aim to go to 34 weeks and reckons I'll have had enough by then!

So, 3 weeks until anomaly scan now, then see MW again the week after. Hopefully now I wont have to wait another 12 weeks in between MW appointments again- that was really tough!

Hope you are all well, just wanted to share some positive news :)

xxxxxx

That's good all went well. Know what you mean about all the waiting I've seen mw once at 12 weeks and will be 24 weeks for next visit!

That's useful to read and lovely you heard the heartbeat. I met the MW at the hospital at 10 weeks and meeting the GP midwife for the first time next week. Can't wait to hear the heartbeat as don't really feel or look pregnant at the moment.

Hi Hollipops!
I remember that feeling, it is really hard when it seems nothing but surreal! However every day that passes is a day closer to the next scan or next appointment and the next milestone. Hopefully you will start to show soon and that helped me to feel more pregnant and that it was really happening! Every day I feel a little wriggle and it's getting stronger, that too makes it all much more real :)
Hope that you have a great appointment with the GP midwife next week and get to hear your LO heart beating nice and strong xxx

That's good all went well. Know what you mean about all the waiting I've seen mw once at 12 weeks and will be 24 weeks for next visit!

I know....it's a long old time isn't it? I guess once we're passed the 22-24 week appointments it'll be more regular. It was so reassuring to see MW this week, not quite sure how I'd managed so long without her support, but I guess I've been v lucky that things have gone relatively smoothly.

Hope you and bump are well, roll on next scans and MW appointments! xx

Glad it went well hunny and you heard baby :) the time between midwife appointments seems to be getting longer, i had an appointment at 16 weeks and see said she doesnt want to see me till 28 weeks! Im going to have to collect a matb1 form though so dont know how that will work! x x

It's such a long gap! I know that I could make an urgent appointment if needed of ring anytime, but it would be nice to have things 'checked' a bit more regularly for reassurance wouldn't it?!
Hope you're ok M2A after this weeks events xxx

that's great news hon - seems all the more real once you hear that little heartbeat doesn't it? Hopefully your next appointment will be here before you know it, I feel like I've been waiting ages for my 20 week scan x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back