membrane sweeps....

foxymum

Reaction score
what are your opinions on these & did it work for you & how long after??
as i said in another post the midwife has offered me one next thurs, the day befroe my due date, if i havn't delivered by then.
this is my 3rd but have never had one b4??
help :think:

Hi

when i was pregnant first time, I had a membrane sweep on my due date (thursday afternoon). she said she did it but didnt think i would go into labour for a least another week. I then had strong practice contractions for a day and went into labour on Saturday afternoon. So reckon it must have done something.

It doesnt really hurt just uncomfortable.

Hannah X

Can you just ask the mw to do this or must you have a medical reason for it? Would love to go on my due date or before.

she was the one that suggested it to me, she said as i have quite a big baby then they don't want me to go over anyway, but don't think she will do anything else other than the sweeps, she said she can do a total of 3 over so many days.

hears to me going in before that anyway :wall:

foxymum said:
what are your opinions on these & did it work for you & how long after??
as i said in another post the midwife has offered me one next thurs, the day befroe my due date, if i havn't delivered by then.
this is my 3rd but have never had one b4??
help :think:

they are just fabulous dear. providing of course that you have a favourable cervix. I had one done with my third as i was 5com dilated when i got to hospital for an induction but i just needed a real good sweep and stretch and i was wellaway. I was so relieved.

if they offer one to you take it

if its done beofre cervix is ready it can just cause discomfort for weeks

When I went they wouldn't even attempt it because my cervix weren't gonna have it. She said if she tried I would pass out. I had one when I was in hospital having Aaron christ that was an eye waterer! The stretch and sweep was fine it's when she decided to full my cervix foward :cry:

The sweep is fine hun. That's just like an internal, bit uncomfortable but not bad. I they suggest pulling your cervix forward so no :rotfl:

Hmmm I'm due to have a sweep this Sunday as I'll be 7 days over my due date. As it's a natural way of inducing labour I'm happy to give it a go, eventhough I'm a bit concerned about the 'uncomfortable' aspect of it as everyone keeps saying - especially the MW when we were discussing my options.
Well if nothing happens before then I hope to god this works!!! :roll: As I really don't want to go to the hosptial to be induced!!!!

aah daggers hun, still nothing then??

blimey, i'm moaning now, but you're actually late,sorry :oops:

you have that sweep & get on here monday & let us know you had your LO, or before then if poss!!!

good luck :hug: :hug:

(foxymom) Cheers mi dear, was like a possessed woman today clearing our garage as it's still stacked with boxes from our move also hoping to have encouraged baba to come out - NO CHANCE!!! Eventhough he's been wriggling round like nut case this evening :shock: , so now I'm hoping he may punch his way out and break my waters! COME ON :roll: !!!!!!

I'm hoping mine kicks her way out too!

I was so paranoid with my first child being overdue and too big to push out, that I went stomping up and down the hills. Later that day my waters broke, but I had to be induced labour at hospital. Plus waters breaking meant I got infected and had to be put on an antibiotics drip. Lucky baby didnt get infected.

I am soooooooooo panicked about baby arriving on time, because my mom is visiting me from America around the due date, for a couple weeks. I havent seen her in over 3 years and it would be such a shame if the babe wasnt born when she's here.

There are a lot of methods to try and stimulate labour, but I have read about side effects too, so now I'm paranoid. I was panicked about all the questions I had in the beginning and now I'm panicked about the answers I have found out!

In the end, every pregnancy is different. I suppose its best to remain calm and take it how it comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back