• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

medicine before jabs?

Melanie

Reaction score
Thea's jabs are at 6pm. Someone told me to give her some calpol or baby nurofen an hour before.

Which one should i give? Is it really a good idea, i dont want to give her meds if she doesnt need them.

this was recommened to me by my sister who is a nurse (sorry sounds a bit johnny briggs - showing my age :oops: ) and the nurse asked me when i got there if i had given him anything as it was a good idea.

i was told calpol but i doubt it makes a difference as long as you check the packet for doses according to age etc.

hope all goes ok - got to book alex in for mmr and the other new one - i hate making him have jabs but he is really good with them :(

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

id say nurofen hun as calpol is mainly for fevers it will help numb the pain and help but its entirely up to you as your breast feeding i would put her straight onto your breast for a few moments hun even if she isnt due a feed itll comfort her we took a bottle for Alfie and i had my eyes screwed up the whole time waiting for the cries the doctor said "stephanie you can open your eyes now i did it ages ago" it was only when he saw me crying he started and the bottle was straight in god love him, she'll be ok i think its us mummies who suffer most :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back