• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Medicine advice please

Tan

Reaction score
Hi all

Isabelle has got a nasty chest infection at the moment and is on antibiotica dn an inhaler to help with her breathing.

Problem is I can't get her medicine down without her choking as she has lots of phlegm (sp!) etc and cant swallow very well. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get her to swallow it without her getting really distressed? I don't think it helps cause she hasn't started with solids yet.

Do you think its ok to put her medicine in with a little bit of milk in a separate bottle and get her to have that first before her main bottle?

Tan x

The Medised I have says you can mix it with a little juice or milk if you prefer. So it will probably be OK. You could try ringing the HV's and asking them or possibly NHS direct.

i have done that before as long as theyre getting it i say...

how i get Alfie to take calpol for his teeth is scooping it up onton his dummy, takes a while but he has it all and he doesnt even take a dummy normally, hope isabelle is better soon hun

Thank you all for your quick replies.

I think I might do it with her milk cause at least she's getting it then. And she would only normally be having her milk before anyway so hopefully it shouldn't make a difference. Would try the dummy thing but I hasn't got any and can't really take her out when she's like this at the moment.

Thanks again girls

Tan x

Charlie has also got a stinking cold and chest infection Tan. We're off to the docs in a bit to see if he can have anything. But I wanted to say that my friend is a hv, and she advised me to put a spoon of Medised in Charlies bottle. She said it makes a lovely strawberry milkshake for him!! :lol:

I thought medised was for 6 months +?

I've got some but didn't want to give it to her cause of the age

Tan x

Mine's 3 months plus as well.

We've been to the doc, and he can't give him anything, but has checked his chest and temperature and said they are both fine and to just make sure he is taking fluids.

Hope Isabelle feels better soon hun. :hug:

Nicky_Jones said:
The one I have says 3 months +

Maybe i've read it wrong!! Still got the crappy pregnancy brain! Not certain its ever going to go back to normal now :lol:

Anyway, good news is that Isabelle is loads better already this evenind and i've even managed to get her medicine down her without milk by treating her like you would a cat: open mouth, drop the lot in down the back of the throat and rub her neck/throat area!!!! She wasn't impressed but it worked :rotfl:

Tan x

Nicky_Jones said:
The one I have says 3 months +

Maybe i've read it wrong!! Still got the crappy pregnancy brain! Not certain its ever going to go back to normal now :lol:

Anyway, good news is that Isabelle is loads better already this evenind and i've even managed to get her medicine down her without milk by treating her like you would a cat: open mouth, drop the lot in down the back of the throat and rub her neck/throat area!!!! She wasn't impressed but it worked :rotfl:

Tan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back