me and max had a day out in the sun

My1stBaby

Reaction score
And he hated it! :(

Covered him in sun cream, popped a lovely sun hat on, walked into town, visited grandad at work, watched mummy eat a chocolate ice lolly, overheard a very rude argument between a couple in front of their child (shocking), saw grandad again then had to get home quick as mummys body decided that out of the house with no toilet was a good time for the dreaded period to return.

All in all I'd say a funfilled drama induced day out and max cried 75% of the time!

He WILL enjoy the outdoors. Round two tomorrow :) xxxx

aww, bless, glad you had a nice day. does he sleep in the pram? i had harry in the park but he falls asleep as soon as pram starts moving.x

Aw bless him, he'll get used to it. I took cam out today and he loved it :love: but he was sweating hot bless him and I couldn't figure out what to do help :roll: such glorious weather eh I love it x

Im the same as nurse, harrison sleeps in his pushchair during the day for naps so when I put him in it now he just dozes off!! Bought one of those trike things for little ones so that we can have some sunshine fun!!
xxx

yeah he usually does sleep the whole time in the pushchair so not sure why he was awake today! i showed him the ducks and boats but he wasnt interested

the only time he looked interested was at my ice lolly :D !!

maybe he was just hot bless him, its not put me off though. its the first time ive taken him out into town on my own and i feel so much more confident now even though he cried- cause i dealt with it fine! so its good he was like that in a way !! xxx

I love taking Bertie out. We walk probably about 30 miles a week, although he falls asleep as soon as he gets in the car seat and wakes up when we get home :roll:

Keep at it chick, the beautiful weather and fresh air will do you both good :hug: xxxxxx

Lyssa was a bit fussy today cos it was so hot, might leave off the vest tomorrow if its that hot again but apart from being a lil bit sweaty she had a good day. she was only wearing a lil summer babygrow with short legs and no sleeves and a shortsleeved vest lol

Yeah I only had him in a short sleeve short legged suit thing not even a vest underneath! And a hat. He didn't seem to like the hat though but he looked adorable :D

Yeah I'm gonna keep at it, need to get some vitamin D into him after being cooped up inside for weeks cause of the rain! Xxx

Yeah I only had him in a short sleeve short legged suit thing not even a vest underneath! And a hat. He didn't seem to like the hat though but he looked adorable :D

Yeah I'm gonna keep at it, need to get some vitamin D into him after being cooped up inside for weeks cause of the rain! Xxx

I asked my HV about this and she said young babies should always be shaded, they get their vit D from their milk, whether its bf or ff. At weaning time they need a top up but to do it with vitamin drops not the sun. I don't know if she was being over cautious cos Bertie is fair although his skin is quite dark xxxxxxxxx

Yeah well I'd never sit him in the sun but the walk too half hour and the sun was on the buggy then, haven't got a parasol for the pram yet!

Oh yeah my hv said the milk will continue to give vitamins but bf babies need to take supplements at a certain age and I can't remember when it is.

The fresh air would have done his lungs some good :)

vit d can need sunlight to aid it being absorbed but they dont have to get it directly, just being out and about will do it

Yeah well I'd never sit him in the sun but the walk too half hour and the sun was on the buggy then, haven't got a parasol for the pram yet!

Oh yeah my hv said the milk will continue to give vitamins but bf babies need to take supplements at a certain age and I can't remember when it is.

The fresh air would have done his lungs some good :)

I'm the same, rushed out to get a parasol and mozzy net for the pram :roll: organised mummy lol. If I'd had a baby in winter I'd forget to buy a blanket lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back