Maternity Jeans

Moomum

Reaction score
I bought a new pair from Next on saturday. Normally, I would buy a size 14, but these are a 12. They seemed right when I tried them in the shop, but this morning, they just feel like they're gonna fall down :shock:

The "fit" seems right, but the jersey panel feels too slack iykwim.

Anyone have the same problem from Next jeans or am I an odd shape :think:

Think I'll have to get a pair of braces or cut some arm holes in the panel! :rotfl:

Any other suggestions?

I got some the other day! I agree with you, at the moment my bump can't be big enough to keep them up. I think they are quite generously sized for comfort though.

I've taken to wearing my support belt on the outside......not the sexiest of looks but who cares :lol:

**C** said:
I got some the other day! I agree with you, at the moment my bump can't be big enough to keep them up. I think they are quite generously sized for comfort though.

I've taken to wearing my support belt on the outside......not the sexiest of looks but who cares :lol:

Hmmm - thats an idea. I was thinking, shall I go for a ten - but I think that would be pushing it! Might have to get a support belt then!

Don't worry. You'll soon fill the panel in! I wish I'd tried to stay in my normal jeans for as long as poss and by-passed the under the bump jeans phase as they wouldn't stay up. I've got a very comfy pair of maternity jeans from Mothercare with the big panel.

Think that every girl should have a pair of big panel trousers for off days!!

I got a pair from Dorothy Perkins when I was about 16 weeks pregnant and to be honest I still wear them today, they fit perfectly. They have an elastic band that comes right under the belly (I don't like anything being on my belly or covering it up)

i think it's this range:
http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wc ... &langId=-1

I must admit, the big panel just feels so wrong!!! lol

It's like wering a huge page of drawers! Not exactly flattering when your constanly hoicking them up either :rotfl:

Ive had same problem they just fall down lol. Ive decided to hang on til tum is bigger and stick with the maternity combats until the jeans fit me :)

I got next maternity jeans in my first pg and I just couldn't wear them, they looked like clown pants! I am usually a size 12, sometimes 14 and I ended up having to get size 10 and they were still too baggy. This time I have bought some from New Look and they are a lovely fit all over and have the side panels and the elastic button thingy so you can adjust them the bigger you get.

fifi211 said:
I got next maternity jeans in my first pg and I just couldn't wear them, they looked like clown pants! I am usually a size 12, sometimes 14 and I ended up having to get size 10 and they were still too baggy. This time I have bought some from New Look and they are a lovely fit all over and have the side panels and the elastic button thingy so you can adjust them the bigger you get.

I went into New Look, but they didn't have a maternity section :(

I did get a nice pair of black combat type trousers in H & M with a panel and they are a fantastic fit. Like you I'm normally 12/14 but these were small :shock: :shock:

Kylie1007 said:
Don't worry. You'll soon fill the panel in! I wish I'd tried to stay in my normal jeans for as long as poss and by-passed the under the bump jeans phase as they wouldn't stay up. I've got a very comfy pair of maternity jeans from Mothercare with the big panel.

here, here!! i have some mothercare jeans and they are the comfiest (sp) things i have, i love the big panels, they may look like clown pants but i cant live without mine.x

xrachx said:
Kylie1007 said:

here, here!! i have some mothercare jeans and they are the comfiest (sp) things i have, i love the big panels, they may look like clown pants but i cant live without mine.x

Did they feel loose at first though? I feel like the panel is too slack and it's just not holding them in place :roll:

Moomum said:
xrachx said:
Kylie1007 said:

Did they feel loose at first though? I feel like the panel is too slack and it's just not holding them in place :roll:
they have the elastic with the buttons on at the side, i just put these to the tightest then let it out bit by bit

I bought a pair from Peacocks and they still slide down and im 33 weeks! Ive found now the weather is getting rubbish, i put a lightweight vest on under whatever im wearing and it helps a little to keep them up. Not v sexy or attractive but anything for comfort!

xrachx said:
Moomum said:
xrachx said:
Kylie1007 said:

they have the elastic with the buttons on at the side, i just put these to the tightest then let it out bit by bit

No adjustable buttons on mine - just a big fat panel :wall:

I love the panel!!! :oops: Hate having my belly sticking out! And now at 31 weeks, I fill my panel too!!! It wasn't that long ago though that it was baggy.

I would recommend a belly belt. I got one on ebay from a shop. It cost me under 10 quid, and it is just a stretchy panel of fabric which holds your clothes up, keeps your bump supported, or stops your short tops looking too small as it looks like another layer of clothing. It is my best buy!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MATERNITY-PREGNAN ... dZViewItem

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back