Maternity Allowance

Princess_Puddles

Reaction score
Just to warn you ladies incase you dont already know, if for any reason your employer/s cannot pay you SMP and you need to apply for Maternity allowance, try to do it asap as they have a HUGE back log :x :evil: as i found out today & I have been on Maternity leave for 3 weeks now and was told I have ATLEAST another 3 weeks wait for them just to process my application so god knows when i will receive some money :(

It takes weeks anyway hun, they always have a massive backlog - well that's what they said to me when I applied when I was 27weeks pregnant with my son, god that was a long time ago! :lol:

Oh WHAT!

I sent my claim form off yesterday, start of the 25th week which is the earliest you can send it off.

My maternity leave officially starts at 29 weeks so thats 3 weeks time!!!

Do they back pay it if they do not process claim in time????

Is there a backlog all over the country or just in certain areas, I sent mine to my local job centre plus.

They pay it from the day you want it to start don't worry hun, they'll send you a big payout or a bank giro to cash ta the post office.
I had to claim mine at the same time I wanted it as I was in hospital, and it took about 6 weeks, had a nice big fat ay out afterwards but we were strapped for cash for a while :?
They are only sorted in 1 or 2 places I think, and one of them is Portsmouth I think???? Your jobcentre will send it to the relevent office Jade xx

Ahhhh I see. So il give it 6 weeks then and if I havent heard anything then il get on the blower!!!

I'm wondering if I am entitled to MA. I work now and again as a supply teacher so I am not exactly 'employed' by anybody if you know what I mean. There is no contract. I won't get SMP so will I get MA? Any help is appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back