mail redirection?

sarafet

Reaction score
anyone used this sservice with royal mail? think it's about £8 per month and they direct any mail from your old home to your new one, i don't have time/patience to phone everyone just now :|

Yeh we did this when we moved for 6 months, its due to stop soon i think. It cost us quite alot as its per surname so I had to do my maiden name, married name then I also had my business mail forwarded too. Its a really handy thing to do as it ensures nothing of yours falls into someone elses hands :) x

We've got this going at the moment, you will need to go to the post office and fill out a form. You and your partner both need to sign it due to different surnames as happy_chick said :hug:

WE HAVE IT NOW!!!
Sorry, just excited that i know something about it. Lol. You can set it up online with royal mail. You pay per surname. We got 3 months for £16.85. We wanted 2 months but they do one for £7.85 (ish) and if you want 2 then you pay double that, making 3 months about the same!

Our mail arrives in a sealed see-through cellophane royal mail bag with a sticker with the redirection address on it and the mail inside the bag. Unless there is one piece and they just pop the sticker on that.

The mail arrives one day later than it would otherwise :D

xxxxxxxxxx

p.s. i have a long list of people to call and tell that we've moved. :D

We did it too and it was a great help actually when it came to sorting out the change of address as we did it as and when a letter arrived re-directed instead of having to do them all at the same time!

If you do it at a post office you need to take 2 forms of i.d per surname. 1 for proof of name, 1 for proof of address. As it comes to an end you'll get a letter through the post offering you a chance to extend it. It's been a while since i dealt with them though. (I used to manage at post office!)

yeyyyyy thanks guys!!! i'll set it up tomorrow! we move on monday :| no internet for a while :(

suzie -i hope your move went well :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back