macaroni cheese?

sarafet

Reaction score
i loooove macaroni cheese. i'm going to make some for lunch.

was wondering how everyone else makes it so i can try it :D

i just use the usual - cheese, milk, salt, pepper, maybe butter..

my wee granny makes it with flour, mustard, salt, cheese etc :shock: it's bloody great though :D

anyone any tips?

im useless with cooking but love macaroni cheese (shop bought) if you have a nice easy recipe i can follow (one for stupid people) id love it so i could have a go please :D xxxxxxx

My mum makes a great macaroni cheese variation with a tin of tomatos, onions, bacon fried in a pan and then layered with macaroni and cheese. Yummy

out of a tin lol!!! but yeh the recipe wouldnt go amiss

I make a cheesey cheese sauce, little bit of butter, milk, add flour to thicken and then add cheese, i use soft cheese and chedder. Then mix the cooked pasta into the sauce, put in overproof dish and smother it with some more cheese on top, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

you ladies were supposed to give me ideas :rotfl:

ok mines is really basic, i can never be bothered cooking :lol: -

put macaroni in boiling water, add some salt to it.

grate cheese, i don't do measurements btw, just however much i feel like :rotfl: i like a lot of cheese though. then i put some milk in a pot, just a little bit - put the cheese in, a wee bit of butter/margarine, bit of salt and i like quite a lot of pepper :D wait for it all to melt..

when the macaroni is cooked and the cheese etc has melted - chuck it in together and mix - then eat :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1. Okay to make the dumbass sauce heat up like a table spoon of butter in a pan. I got an electric cooker so i put it on like 3, so that a medium heat methinks.

2. Depending on how much pasta ur gonna cook at milk, the volume of milk dictates how much sauce ur gonna have so maybe like a 2 glasses of milk. U can look at in the pan and figure out if that enuf 4 u. U can always add more later anyways or cook it for longer if u put 2 much milk.

3. Add flour, doesnt really matter what kind, i just use wats in the cupboard and sieve it it. If u put it in all at once u'll get big flour lumps :puke: . Use a whisk 2 mix it in so that its all smooth. I dno how much flour I use, just enuf 2 get it to thicken, it starts to thicken pretty soon, maybe after 2 spoons of flour, keep whiskin gand u can add more flour depending on how thick u want the sauce. I add some salt and black pepper as well, not 2 much coz cheese is salty.

4. Oh yeh u shud actually do this first lol, grate cheese, or u can take the sauce of the heat while ur grating otherwise the sauce goes uber thick. I add a tea spoon of soft cheese like philadelphia, u dont have 2. Add the grated cheese (i use LOTS :D ) a little at a time wen ur whisking it. dont add it all together or u can get lumps. keep tasting it 2 c if its cheesyyy enuf 4 u.

5. Mix in ur cooked pasta into the cheese sauce and put it in the oven proof dish. Cover in grated cheese and put in the oven 2 go brown.

Notes: Just keep whisking it, dont put it on a too high heat, if it gets 2 thick add milk, if its too thin add more flour and dont b afraid of chedder. I'm hungry now :wall:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Any questions Dufus's? :rotfl:

sarafet said:
you ladies were supposed to give me ideas :rotfl:

ok mines is really basic, i can never be bothered cooking :lol: -

put macaroni in boiling water, add some salt to it.

grate cheese, i don't do measurements btw, just however much i feel like :rotfl: i like a lot of cheese though. then i put some milk in a pot, just a little bit - put the cheese in, a wee bit of butter/margarine, bit of salt and i like quite a lot of pepper :D wait for it all to melt..

when the macaroni is cooked and the cheese etc has melted - chuck it in together and mix - then eat :)

hmm exactly how i make it, yum. i love it the most ever. x

I do mine simular.

Pasta - we all know how to boil :D

Sauce - I melt some butter in a pan and then add the flour to make a paste then add the milk a little at a time while always mixing it, once it's in a thick sauce add the grated cheese and some pepper.

Sorted!!

Mac & Cheese with slice Matthisons Smoked Sausage through it is also very good!! :D

ummmm i love macaroni cheese, don t know how to make it though. i like the findus frozen one. making me hungry

My recipe is easy, but my mac cheese has extras in it and this makes a HUGE mac cheese.....it iastes even better the day after!

In a frying pan, fry off an onion, and some chopped bacon (I use the pancetta cubes you get in tesco)

Put the pot on for the macaroni and add it when the salted water boils.

Get three (yes three!) packs of Schwartz cheese sauce. Each one makes half a pint, so make up the full pint and a half.

Drain your pasta, add it to a large oven proof dish. Add in the fried onion and mushroom. Add a small tin of chopped tomatoes. Add the cheese sauce. Mix it all really really well.

Add grated cheese on top and bung it in the oven for 10-15 mins at about 180c.

I also add a torn up ball of mozzerella to the dish after the cheese sauce goes in and before your topping of cheese.

This makes it really really stringy and yummy!

Mmmmm I'm gonna have to make this this week! I'll post a pic if I do!

xxx

boil 300g of macoroni as per instructions

in a seperate saucepan melt 1oz of butter bring off the boil and mix in 1oz of plain flour with a little milk and to make a paste then return to the heat and add 1/2 pint of milk and keep stirring til thick and bubbling. take off heat and stir in a handfull of cheese (approx 30g) grate half a nutmeg and add generous portion of dried parsley, salt and pepper.

add drained pasta mix it with above sauce and put in a oven proof dish, sprinkle some breadcrumbs, 70g cheese and sprinkle some mixed herbs and put under the grill til cheese has melted and the breadcrumbs have become crunchy. yummy, and luke loves it too.

SarahH said:
Sauce - I melt some butter in a pan and then add the flour to make a paste then add the milk a little at a time while always mixing it, once it's in a thick sauce add the grated cheese and some pepper.

I make my sauce like this too. Delia recommends whipped egg white IIRC, I could be wrong, I've tried it and didn't notice any difference!

NickyB said:
SarahH said:

I make my sauce like this too. Delia recommends whipped egg white IIRC, I could be wrong, I've tried it and didn't notice any difference!

Just more calories :lol:

I make mine a la Delia Smith style. Very similar to your granny, key ingredients are mustard and freshly ground nutmeg. Yum!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back