• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

lydia pic

Xena

Reaction score
Last Thursday I entered Lydia into the Yorkshire Evening Post "baby of the year 2006" competition. They photographed her for us and we chose which photo we thought was the best to enter. She will be in the paper sometime in October along with all the other entries. The winner gets £500 and two runners up get £250 each. Fingers crossed!

Anyway, you could buy the photo if you wanted, so I did, and it came this morning, so I thought I'd share:

*pic removed 4 privacy*

I would have prefered a big beaming smile but she was being most unco-operative that day. You should have seen the other photos...she looked soooo miserable on them haha! We picked this one because at least she's kinda smiling here :)
Waddya reckon? Is she in with a chance?

I like the photo myself personally but then again I'm biased haha.

forgot to mention, there were 3 age categories, the first was 0-9 months, the second was 10-18 months, and the third was 19-36 months....so she's in the middle category of course.

Last edited:
Aww it is a lovely pic :D

I'll have to connect my scanner and put Jacks up

At least they are differant papers so we won't be competing :D

yeh you must put jack's up :)

true about the different papers...I never really thought about it before, but it would have sucked if one of us had won and the other not. the one that won would have felt pleased to win, but at the same time really guilty, and the one that lost would probably have been disappointed, but pleased at the same time for the other person.

Good luck to jack for his comp :)

thats a beutiful really natrual pic! i hope you win!!

thanks - I hope so too, although it doesn't really matter TOO much - the money would just be really useful right now that's all lol.

I'm mostly glad we got a photo out of it (okay it cost £8 but it's worth it) - I wanted to get a professional photo done for her birthday but we can't afford it, so this is close enough :) (it was taken on 14th, her bday is on 25th).

It's lovely! Can you tell us how to vote so we can help her out? :wink:

Ahh that i s a goregous pic!
I entered Charlie in the Hull daily mail baby of the year, i didnt like the pic they took of her, it just didnt capture 'her' do you know what i mean??
That one is great though Xena

Minxy said:
It's lovely! Can you tell us how to vote so we can help her out? :wink:

honestly I have no idea! I don't know if there are judges, or if readers ring in/write to vote or what. I guess I'll find out in October when the paper runs it. I'll let you know..and thanks btw :)

ETA: hels yeh I do know what you mean. Lydia had some pictures done last Christmas and they didn't capture her at all.

This picture, I must say, does capture Lydia pretty well, so that's good :)

It's a lovely picture :lol:

She has beautiful eyes. Lovely colour :D

Must have missed this - I think it's a really nice natural photo. She should do well. Good luck Lydia!

Let me know when the paper comes out with comp details, I'll have a vote!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back