lunar eclipse

budge

Reaction score
theres a lunar eclipse tonight. 22.45 approx.

who is watching it?

taken from the irish times ----

Clear skies across the country look set to provide perfect views of the rare phenomenon of a total eclipse of the moon over Ireland tonight.

The silvery full moon will darken and turn a deep, coppery red as the Earth casts a shadow over it at around 10pm.

The spectacle will last well over an hour.

At first a darkened chunk will appear on the moon's edge, gradually spreading until it is totally covered by the Earth's shadow between 10.44pm and 11.58pm.

Met Eireann said today would start off bright and fresh with sunny spells and scattered showers. These would gradually clear throughout the day and by night time there would be clear skies everywhere.

Astronomy Ireland chairman David Moore said the eclipse should be visible right across the country and encouraged everyone to get out and view it.

"We are urging everyone in Ireland to go out and watch the eclipse on the night. You don't need a telescope or binoculars so it is something everyone can see,"

of course it will be seen by everyone else not just ireland but thats the best piece of information i could find.

oh i had no idea i will definatly be watching that, cheers chicken :D

ooo!! will be sitting by my window this evening :)

cheers budge!

Well since my curtains are down from painting I will be having a looky!!

oOo will have to get the camera at the ready. No doubt ill forget about it and miss it though :doh:

has anyone been watching it!!! its great! i have some photographs :)

im watching it Budge, it is still not fully covered and only just a wee bit pinky!

See told u i wouldnt ignore you ma dear! hugs petal :hug: :hug: :hug:

its not all gone yet theres a tiny tiny bit left here lol

Alfiesmummy said:
im watching it Budge, it is still not fully covered and only just a wee bit pinky!

See told u i wouldnt ignore you ma dear! hugs petal :hug: :hug: :hug:

:rotfl:

yay its red for me and nearly covered now!

Tan x

it is through my binoculars! like a little pearl. its bloody marvelous :D

wait a minute steph what do you mean whats happening there??? im not on bleeding mars you know :rotfl:

budge said:
it is through my binoculars! like a little pearl. its bloody marvelous :D

wait a minute steph what do you mean whats happening there??? im not on bleeding mars you know :rotfl:

Your freaking kidding me right? :rotfl: :rotfl:

aww i wish i had some binoculars. i have a telescope but its not set up at the moment :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back